Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2015, 06:28 AM   #21

Just got home -24 and trailer frozen furnace won't kick on ������ electric heathers running to max amps hopping to make the night
Old 12-28-2015, 01:37 PM   #22
Site Team

Will the fan kick on like it's just not getting LP? To prime the furnace, turn it on for about 5 seconds and then turn it off. Do this several times.

In the very cold, sometimes the LP valves can freeze due to moisture in the LP. I always carried a heating pad (like you lay on) for emergency situations while winter camping. I'd run a extension cord to the LP area and wrap the heating pad around the top of the valve. You could also use heat tape or any other heat source. To prevent this problem, Fill your LP at a good service center and ask them to give a little squirt of alcohol in the valve before filling the tank.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #23

Good points Dave. Agree with Dave on does the fan come on or not? If it doesn't is the fuse in your thermostat good? Also is 12v getting to the furnace? Keep us posted.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 07:19 PM   #24

Had circuit board replaced few minutes ago problem solved. Now fix damages
Old 12-28-2015, 07:23 PM   #25

so sorry that happened You've had your share.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:51 AM   #26

Well.... I might as well get into this conversation.
Were do i start,
14 months ago RW arrived here and furnace started then a horrible noise. Blower fan blew apart.

My RV guy put a new blower fan in that RW sent. That lasted about one hour at most so RW or Suburban sent a complete new unit out. Ran it for about an hour and worked fine.

I headed to the RW service center a few months ago and stayed one night in a CG and fan started making noise again. I let them know when I arrived and they had a Suburban tech come out and he replaced the fan again. Said it was warped. Interesting, Since it was new but what do I know.

Inspected everything that was repaired when I picked it up except we didn't run the heater but had paperwork handed to me on what Suburban did so off I went.

Since it was back home I wanted to do a few things inside over the weekend so turned the heat on. A few hours later I went back and it was not running. One tank ran out so switched over and nothing. OK... I took it apart and blower fan exploded again and melted to the heating part.

RW is in the process of sending out another new unit but my RV guy thinks there may be some other issue we need to find. Suburbans tech was trying to tell me it may be caused by not letting it cool before shut-off but I am trying to explane to them that it has always been plugged in to power and the thermostat takes care of the cool down....Not me!!! and it seamed to be working since when I turn it off the fan still runs for some time.
Frustration with repairs has almost turned into a laughing matter now.

I will say that RW has been doing a great job to get my problems resolved and no complaints so far about the customer service or service center.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (751.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (624.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-29-2015, 02:56 PM   #27

I shouldn't complain...
Might be appropriate to speak with a technical advisor at Suburban. For what I requured, they were very helpful. Let me know, Steve, and I'll try to find the number. I believe they're located in TN.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:01 PM   #28

I do wonder if it is shutting itself down before cool down, although typically that is an energy efficiency thing and not a "save the plastic squirrel cage" thing. I believe the cool down is accomplished by a duct thermocouple, but I'm not sure on the RV furnaces.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:43 PM   #29

Sounds like either a cool down problem or a restricted air flow problem during operation causing the blower / fan area to overheat.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote