Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2020, 02:46 PM   #1

Flexible water line replacement?

I’ve got a couple of leaks in my water compartment area, one on the connection to my fresh water pump and a couple other ones that are connected to the bypass valve, I would like to purchase the flexible hose and the screw on/ pex fittings? My question is what size is the aforementioned hose and what size “pex clamps” do I need? Thank you!
Old 11-18-2020, 04:06 PM   #2

Not sure about the flex hose, but all the pex in mine was 1/2".
I found that most of the problems was apparently the guy putting the pex clamps on was a weakling. I bought the crimp tool for pex & crimped the clamps a bit more & stopped the leaks. Also gave all the twist type fittings a turn by hand.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:05 PM   #3

I used (RecPro 1/2" RV Pressurized Cold Water Line | Flexible | Non-Toxic | Vinyl | Heavy Duty) found it on amazon. The hose is a tight fit in PEX Clamp fittings, had to dip hose end in hot water to make it pliable. The fittings were loose fit in hose until clamped. Had to replace Hot Water Heater by-pass valve that split. No leaks when complete.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2007.5 Chev Dually, B&W Companion, RDS 50 Gal. Transfer Tank
2012 36RL, Titan Disc Brakes, Upgraded Springs, MORryde wet bolts, MORryde Crossmember, Sailun Tire
jrlsburns is offline   Reply With Quote