Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2021, 07:52 PM   #1

Fireplace Glass Shattered

Hi All:

At my last destination, I opened up to find that somewhere on the road the glass on my fireplace shattered in my 2012 RL. What a mess!

Anyone here ever have this issue?

Can't seem to find the DIMPLEX replacement glass (sold out) or entire unit for replacement (the new units are a different dimension).

I remember several here have removed their fireplace for various reasons.

Anyone removed one that they want to sell?

If so, PM me please as I am actively searching to purchase right now. The unit I need is DIMPLEX Model: NBDF2608 and is 26"x22.5"x8.75".

Thanks...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:21 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_Time View Post
Hi All:

At my last destination, I opened up to find that somewhere on the road the glass on my fireplace shattered in my 2012 RL. What a mess!

Anyone here ever have this issue?

Can't seem to find the DIMPLEX replacement glass (sold out) or entire unit for replacement (the new units are a different dimension).

I remember several here have removed their fireplace for various reasons.

Anyone removed one that they want to sell?

If so, PM me please as I am actively searching to purchase right now. The unit I need is DIMPLEX Model: NBDF2608 and is 26"x22.5"x8.75".

Thanks...
Go on Amazon they havr any size you want and very rradonablr
Old 04-27-2021, 09:20 PM   #3

The manufacturer Dimplex having sold out of replacement glass and a replacement fireplace being $695, I decided to try and order a piece of custom replacement glass myself.

After disassembly, measurement, and cleaning, I ended up finding “onedayglass.com” in Vancouver, WA and ordered the following custom sheet:
26” x 17.25” x 3/16” Bronze Tempered Glass. The piece with shipping was $57. They shipped in one day, but it took another five to arrive here in CT.

It was packed and fit perfectly. Now that was easy!
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 03:25 AM   #4

The are some custom widow cutting places out there, you better save a small part of the broken glass for thickness I'm thinking its a safety type of glass if I'm correct ? Besides that you can just give them the dimensions and it should be easy to open up and install the new one.