Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 10:32 PM   #1

Exterior Light

I’m looking at a 2016 36FB Redwood. I can’t locate the switch to turn on the outside light on the door side. Does anyone know where the switch is?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F222DB21-7035-435F-96CE-424A268C9B4A.jpg (333.5 KB, 12 views)
Kajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:28 AM   #2

have you checked the lamp to see if its good? On my RL I have 3 switches next to the kitchen AC/heat thermostat . the lower row of 3 switches does the outside lights one over the door and step light and one switch for the front light up high. this is on a RL38 so it maybe different. I put LED lamps in my this spring and the original lamp was toast on both the light over the door and the front light.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:25 AM   #3

My thought was that it might be burnt out. This unit had 2 switches. One operated the light over the door and the other operated the light on the steps. So I wondered if it typically worked with one of the existing switches or if it was located somewhere else. Since I was looking at the unit I didn’t ask for a ladder and remove the cover and check the bulb. The current owners weren’t sure where the switch was. They only used the RV a few times.

I currently have a 2015 Open Range and this light is the first one that burnt out. But I use it a lot at night and then shut it off when I go to bed.

Thanks for your response!
Old 06-18-2018, 06:42 AM   #4

On our coach, there are two lamps within the enclosure above the entry door. One white for illumination and one amber that works in conjunction with the light up front...........we laughingly call that the "scare light". They are switched by the switch bank located by the thermostat going up the stairs into the bedroom.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:55 PM   #5

On my FB there's 3 switches on the left going up the stairs, the far right one on mine is the scare light. My bulb was burnt out in less than 2 months due to the clear lens cover on upside down allowing water inside the fixture through the weep hole, which should be on the bottom, maybe Indiana is different, but where I'm at water runs downhill.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 07:57 PM   #6

Thanks Danny & Linda I’ll check to see if the cover is one correctly.

Thanks!