Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #1
Site Team

When we purchased our 2012 36RL, it included a year's complimentary membership with Coach-Net Emergency Roadside Assistance Program. The time will soon be approaching when I need to decide whether to purchase a real membership. Has anyone had any experience with these type of services?

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:21 AM   #2

We've had a couple companies and only needed them once in thirty years (KNOCK ON WOOD). We have now have the Good Sam roadside service. Seems to cover all our needs.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #3

Jay, you only need "campsite assistance" until you get your truck...
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #4

We have been fulltiming for 12years and have had Good Sams Roadside Services for that time. We have had to use them twice. Both times they had to tow our 40 foot bus 35 miles for repaires. It certainly paid for itself then as each time was close to $1500. Only thing bad, is they say they will tow you "anywhere" you want for repairs, however, they mean to the "closest" repair facility available. Now that means "anywhere" that says they can fix it. The first place they took us to spent 2 days "looking" for the problem but could not get it fixed, but did get it started. Cost me $1700 dollars for absolutely nothing. So before you call them, look around for a "certified repairman" within 35 miles or your just plain screwed.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
Site Team

I get the Motor Home and Trailer Life magazines and I've read too many times the restrictions that these companies put on their services. They seem to promise the moon to get your money and then move mountains to keep from providing services or disqualifying you from receiving the services when needed. I personally think most are scams. I put the money I'd spend on these warranty or service plans in the bank and then I have it should I have a problem.

A few years back some of those warranty/service companies went out of business and the folks that spent the money got screwed

Old 08-24-2012, 03:49 AM   #6

I have had Coach-Net and currently have Good Sam Roadside Assistance and have had good service from both. We have had to be towed, pulled from the mud, and tires changed several times. The only reason I switched companies was price. I feel if a person travels a lot, it is well worth it. If you have problems, you just have to call the one number toget one of their contracted services. Sometimes there may be a wait depending on how far away they are and how busy. You don't have to try to locate a service in an unfamiliar area. These are not extended warranty/service companies, which I agree are generally ripoffs.
rcflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #7

I've had Coach-Net for the past 9 years and have been very happy with their services and prices. I would recommend them.