Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #1

Good morning Fellow Owners. We woke up this morning to a dilemma. We have no power to the fireplace, microwave, Dryer and the outlet between the two recliners. I reset every circuit breaker and still nothing. I reset the breaker at the pole and again nothing. I have a50 amp surge protector at the pole and it is indicating good power.

Any thoughts. For what it is worth my circuit breaker diagram is filled in but for the most part not legilble to dtermine what each switch controls.
Old 08-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
Site Team

Step number one is always check the GFI switches. I believe you'll find one of these in the bathroom, utility and kitchen areas. Also, even if the circuit breakers look like they aren't tripped, flip each one off and then back on. This should fix your problem.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #3

Also check your convertor and battery levels. We had a convertor fail and it caused batteries not to charge and things not to work. I purchased a battery charger and kept it hooked up until we could get to service and have the convertor replaced.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #4

Thanks. Found the issue. First I flipped all breakers off and back on. Even tried the main one. Then went to the pole and re did that breaker. My 50 amp surge protector indicated everything was fine. Apparently I had a bad connection from the surge protector to the shore power cord. Re-did the connection and everything came back up. Something about a line one and line 2 that I don't quite understand. But everything is back up and running. Mary Jo is happy. The dryer is running again.

Thanks for the help guys.

Rick
Old 08-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #5

Also check the power cord where it connects to the coach. Ours came lose and we lost partial power. Re-tightened and no problem.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #6

Well I am back in the land of no power. My surge protector says all is good. Line 1 115 volts and line 2 126 volts. No breakers are tripped. I tested them all any way. I disconnected the power at the pole, the cord connection to the surge protector and the connection at the coach. Still nothing. The dealer stopped by on Friday and disconnected the cord at the surge protector and reconnected and power came back on. I am puzzled and concerned. The dryer, microwave, and fireplace along with floor outlets are off. Any ideas.

I also found out that the coach only has one battery and that battery is undersized for the coach. The dealer is replacing and I am adding a second battery. But I can't see how that would impact this situation. Right?
Old 08-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #7

Also the bedroom air doesn't work. And our warmest weekend yet in Door County.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #8

Are your batteries charged? If not nothing works, including the refrigerator, microwave, etc. Get a portable charger and connect it to the battery. We had a similar problem and our convertor was bad.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #9

As was said above... check your GFI's. They should have a small light illuminated on them if they are working. If they don't reset, replace them.

Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #10

If I understand correctly you have some 110v things that work and some that don't. If that is the case, it sounds like you could have one leg that is down. The GFI shouldn't affect the A/C. If you have a cheap 110v tester you can check at the breaker box in the camper and see where you do and don't have power. It is possible that one side of your main breaker is bad. It may not be tripped, but there could be an internal problem that isn't letting the power through. Edited by: rcflame
Old 08-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #11

Hate to say it, but it could be the surge suppressor itself. Check all the terminals inside, and also check the transfer switch for the generator if you have the gen prep. It sounds like you are loosing a complete leg on the power supply. No single interior breaker would control all of that.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #12

Be sure to check your connection at the coach. I have heard that some cords do not make a solid connection. I twist hard and screw down the ring.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #13

we had similar/same issues... checked everything already suggested... as a last resort and in the interest of being thorough we checked the connection at the shore power collar, the yellow end. Took it apart and found one screw was half a turn loose... all is great now.
marandjwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #14

Well we are back up and running. But not sure why. I did really make sure the connection at the coach was good. And I removed the panel and reconnected the two main wires at the 50 amp breakers. Right now all is good. Thanks for the input so far. What I have learned tonight is that the power splits into two parts and indeed one segment was in fact down.