Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2020, 11:01 PM   #1

Double Wiper seal

Last week I we have a nice day so I decided to open up the RW and to check everything out. When I was finished and putting the slides back in I heard a loud pop. The double wiper seal on top of the living room slide came loose and jammed under the slide. 3 Hours later I got the seal back in position not sure what bound it up and caused the problem. Sealed the outside and got trailer water tight. I have ordered a new seal the current one needs replaced now.

Has any one replaced the double seal if so do you have any tips on the best way to do this? Let me know if there any special tools needed I have a Brad staple gun for the inside and new bulb seals to replace at the same time.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:20 AM   #2

Double Wiper Seal

They are pretty straight forward, my old one was stapled at each end and had sticky tape down the middle in between the two blades for all the rest. Your new wiper will be the same, sticky tape in the middle, you can pop a staple on each end if you like, I think I just did mine with the tape and let it go at that, haven't had any problems yet. I got my new seal on Amazon. Oh for the bulb seal across the top it is held on with screws using a square bit for removal and replacement.