Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2016, 04:03 PM   #1

Dishwasher Leaking.

We bought our 38RL last November. We picked it up and took it out on a 10 day trip even though they weren't able to complete all the "we owe" items before we left. We agreed to take it back after the trip for them to complete those items along with correcting anything else we might find on the trip. Dropped it off at the dealer on December 8th...and just got it back on May 6th. 5 months to fix the items, not all of it was the dealers fault. Redwood sent the wrong item to fix one issue.

So here we are. We picked it up at the dealer and left from there on a 5 night trip to get to know it again and to try to be sure nothing else was wrong with it before we move into it full time this summer. Wife decided to try out the dishwasher last night and I thought it was a good idea since it was never used before. Near the end of the wash cycle we noticed a puddle of water in front of the island. I checked all the connections I could get to and they all seemed dry. Any ideas on what the issue might be ? I'm also a little concerned about the wood at the base of the island that the water is leaking through.

I've already sent the service dept a message letting them know we'd be dropping it off there tomorrow for repairs. Haven't heard back from them yet, I'm sure this isn't something they wanted to hear.

Thomas and Shana
R.I.P. Skip. We miss you old boy. Our travels will never be the same....

2015 Redwood 38RL
2013 Ford F-350 King Ranch 4WD DRW
thomas861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:09 PM   #2

The first time I used mine, I had same problem. Turns out, factory never connected the drain line to the stub. Check drain line in front of the spice rack in the island.
Mike & Pam '12 36RL, Kodiak Discs, 17.5" G114s H-Rated, SRE4000 w/HD Shackles, Joy Rider Shocks, Flex Air, 5.5 Onan, W&D, DW, 4 Scare Lights, (2) 6V Trojan T-145s; Progressive EMS-HW50C, Winegard DTV Sat, Sony/Denon 4K Home Theater, WiFiRanger EliteAC Pack, weBoost 4G-X Cell Booster.

2022 RAM 3500 Limited CC, LB, 4x4, DRW, Max Tow, Cummins HO, AISIN, 4.10, Mopar 30K w/OEM Prep, Transfer Flow 70gal Aux Tank/Toolbox.
5th_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:34 PM   #3

The drain hook up for the dishwasher is Behind the Spice Rack. I would remove your spices from the rack. Then remove the drawer assembly. When you pull the drawers out, near the end of the drawer glides are black plastic tabs. 1 needs to be lifted up, the other side needs to be pressed down - then pull until the drawer comes loose. You will need to do this for both the upper and lower drawer glides. Another place to have a water leak is from where the water line from the dishwasher hooks up to the fitting by the water shut off valve. If the washer is twisted, or the nut not tightened properly it will leak water.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:10 PM   #4

When I installed mine, the drain line hooked up to a PVC "Y" connection that had a plastic plug in the fitting that needed to be knocked out before use. Might check that.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:28 PM   #5

Well...we ended up stopping by the dealership on our way back yesterday. Instead of having us leave it again they got someone right on it. Pulled everything out and checked all the connections and ran the dishwasher twice....no leak found. So we have no idea what happened.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Thomas and Shana

2015 Redwood 38RL
Old 09-27-2016, 11:37 PM   #6

Redwood 36FL - Part # for wiper seals rear slide?

I need to replace wiper seal on rear door side slide. I see it is a double seal with a single base. Does anyone know the part # for this seal and difficulty in replacing? Alex
Alex-FBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:47 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas861 View Post
Well...we ended up stopping by the dealership on our way back yesterday. Instead of having us leave it again they got someone right on it. Pulled everything out and checked all the connections and ran the dishwasher twice....no leak found. So we have no idea what happened.

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Do you have a cat or dog
When we got ours I found a few of the water and electrical connections that were loose. I still check them periodically if travelling alot
Old 09-28-2016, 01:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Do you have a cat or dog
When we got ours I found a few of the water and electrical connections that were loose. I still check them periodically if travelling alot
We have a Dog....

Thomas and Shana

2015 Redwood 38RL
Old 09-28-2016, 04:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Wood View Post
Do you have a cat or dog
Couldn't edit my reply.....

We have a dog but he wasn't the culprit. I was sitting in a recliner when the water began to run out from under the island while the dishwasher was running.

Still a mystery as to what happened. We've used it several times since with no issues.

Thomas and Shana

2015 Redwood 38RL
Old 09-28-2016, 06:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas861 View Post
Couldn't edit my reply.....

We have a dog but he wasn't the culprit. I was sitting in a recliner when the water began to run out from under the island while the dishwasher was running.

Still a mystery as to what happened. We've used it several times since with no issues.
Could it be that when you stopped by the dealer and they pulled it out, maybe they tightened all the connections and that actually solved the problem?
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
Could it be that when you stopped by the dealer and they pulled it out, maybe they tightened all the connections and that actually solved the problem?
Very possible........

Thomas and Shana

2015 Redwood 38RL