Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2021, 04:37 AM   #1

Dishwasher For Rig?

Is it worth putting in a dishwasher?
What brand of washer and dryer has anyone found to be the best and should I go with ventless or have a vent installed?
Thanks Doug
Awes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 11:30 AM   #2

Yes to all three. When its just me and my wife we use dishes and silverware. This is what Redwood installed in the kitchen island

https://www.fisherpaykel.com/us/dish...9-n-81603.html

as for clothes even if we are only going some place for 3 days we wash clothes in the RV and never remove them . It makes life easier when you don't have a mountain of clothes to wash after a weekend. WE have a washer and drier separate , Some RV need a stack units but defiantly separate , Vented is a MUST! It does take a little longer to dry because they are 120v driers but it does the job. ours came from Redwood with Splendide stackable units.

Splendide Laundry Centers - Home
Old 06-05-2021, 05:03 PM   #3

Totally agree with Mark on the "must have" & the brands of both.
The FP dishwasher was fantastic, very quiet & did a great job with minimal water. We had the stackable Splendid w/d, absolutely vented, that also did a great job. We had the combo w/d in the previous 5th wheel & although it did a good job 1 load was 1/2 a day getting done & the EVERYTHING came out wrinkled. Unless you look forward to sitting in a laundromat somewhere a couple hours once/twice a week get the appliances then put them in & go sit outdoors under awning while enjoying a cup of coffee or an adult beverage.
All the mentioned appliances the wife wanted in the modular home we purchased however it already had appliances do she'll have wear them out 1st.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:13 PM   #4

Same here except the Dishwasher. With just two of us it only takes a few minutes to rinse off the dishes and put them away. Plus we value our Island storage space.
We're old school country folks who have never had a dishwasher other than us so it's nothing different for us without one.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 09:38 PM   #5

Thanks, too all who replied.. I'm just little worried about them having to cut a hole in the side of my rv for a dryer vent?? Worries me about water damage!!
Old 06-05-2021, 10:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awes1 View Post
Thanks, too all who replied.. I'm just little worried about them having to cut a hole in the side of my rv for a dryer vent?? Worries me about water damage!!
If done properly it shouldn't be an issue.
I cut the hole & installed the combo in our previous 5er with never an issue with water leaks.
The factory installed the w/d in the RW with no issues on it either.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:54 PM   #7

Can someone tell me how the residential fridge is suppose to work when you are traveling down the road with no power? Thanks new owner Doug
Old 06-10-2021, 01:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awes1 View Post
Can someone tell me how the residential fridge is suppose to work when you are traveling down the road with no power? Thanks new owner Doug
Most RV that have a 120 volt only residential style refrigerator also have a 12vdc to 120v inverter. the refrigerator 120VAC power comes out of the breaker to a inverter that has utility power sensing and once the utility power is off it turns on the inverter for just the refrigerator. You do need a 12 volt charge line from your truck to help keep the battery charging slow (You get about 5~10 amp hour charge from the truck) but your using about 30~40 amp hours when the refrigerator is running. So at some point your going to need a generator or a camp site to plug in. I have 2 Trojan T105 battery's and never have had any issue with the battery on a 10 hrs. drive. I don't think they could do 2 days back to back without a charge .
Old 06-12-2021, 11:19 PM   #9

Rarely use Dishwasher

We rarely use the dishwasher. It takes a long time to wash, and doesn't hold much. Working together we can wash, dry and put away the dishes in about the same time as it would take to load it carefully arranging so everything fits.

We do not have a washer-dryer and haven't felt the need for the setup. doing a couple of towels at a time in a small capacity unit would extend laundry day. Once again, working together at a laundromat, we start several washers, then dryers, fold stack or hang. About two hours later, we're done.

2013 Redwood 36 FB adopted Nov 2015
2019 RAM 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab Long bed
Always with our dogs - P.T. & Baylee
hmdarwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:21 AM   #10

yes to the dishwasher. I am a full time RVer. Splendide washer and dryer (separate) is what I have and am very pleased.
FrankWaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:34 AM   #11

Splendide hands down is the best, vented. They are just the best and super tough. Totally worth it.
Recreation, you wont have laundry to do when you get home.
Full time, I could not ever imagine living without it. Cant say enough good things about those machines. A must have.
Hope that helps.
The Skinner
Scott S is offline   Reply With Quote