Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #1

Dish for my RV

Does anyone use https://www.dishformyrv.com/ ?? We are possibly looking into a pay as you use service . .

Do you just hook the co axle cable directly to the cable IN port ??
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford truck guy View Post
Does anyone use https://www.dishformyrv.com/ ?? We are possibly looking into a pay as you use service . .

Do you just hook the co axle cable directly to the cable IN port ??
I have used my Dish account with my Redwood for nearly 6 years. When I purchased my RW, I had a RoadTrip Mini-Max dish mounted on the roof. The dealer technician cabled the dish into the area behind the TV. I purchased a Dish 211 receiver and added it onto my home account (Dish Top 250) for $7. per month. I receive the same programming on that receiver as my home receiver. It has worked well everywhere from Florida to Washington State. The only issue I have had is that with the roof mounted dish, there have been a few times where trees blocked the signal. Some folks use a portable dish so they can move it around to get a signal. My longest stay has been in Florida and where we go, I have a clear view of the sky so the roof mounted dish works well.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #3

Thanks Guy ,

I am particularly looking for experience with the portable dish... and the dish for my RV site . .
Old 05-12-2017, 04:32 PM   #4

We have been using the Pathway X2 dish and works great. You can only get 1 satellite at a time. You can hook 2 dvr's to it but they have to use the same satellite. Ours hooks up to the satellite connection. We have to connectors, 1 is labeled satellite and the other cable. We have a Wally with an external hard drive to use as a dvr. Like Guy, we have the $7 added to our home account for channels instead of the pay as you go. With our portable, we just connect the cable and set it down, it does everything else. There is no separate power cord.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:53 PM   #5

We have been using the large oval portable dish network dish for over 2 years. Connect the cable from the dish to the left(looking at them) sat connection in the convenience center and use the cable without tape on it in the entertainment center to connect to the receiver.

Just yesterday I put a Winegard Trav'ler for Dish on the roof. Had to change to the cable with 2 rounds of tape to connect to the receiver.

Haven't used that site for anything.
I log in to the dish web site each time we move and open an IM session with support to change the service address.

Rick
Old 05-14-2017, 01:24 AM   #6

Ok we are getting close to making a decision on getting it or not. . I have 2 satellite connections in my convenience center, can I ASSUME 1 goes to the entertainment center, and 1 to the bedroom ?
Also, there seems to be a few orange cables, should I ASSUME that 1 is for the feed from the roof, and 1 for the feed from the convenience center?

And someone touched on something over on another forum . . . Security for the portables... do you lock them to something ?
Old 05-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #7

I put mine on my roof. I am not sure about your connections.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:56 AM   #8

What is this wire?

This wire is in the cabinet in my bedroom, it comes from the ceiling right next to the cable jack.. I did found the front connector of the jack is the satellite feed in...

Old 05-17-2017, 02:04 AM   #9

Joe

That looks like the preinstalled control cable for the Winegard Travel'r antenna many have installed on the Redwood's roof. The other end is underneath the round plate just in front and to the door side of the rear ac/heat pump. It plugs into the Winegard control box that turns on and off the dish and aims it at the satellites.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
Joe

That looks like the preinstalled control cable for the Winegard Travel'r antenna many have installed on the Redwood's roof. The other end is underneath the round plate just in front and to the door side of the rear ac/heat pump. It plugs into the Winegard control box that turns on and off the dish and aims it at the satellites.
Thanks Jim, That was easy.... I was able to easily locate which connection is my sat in, now i am ready. . .