Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2019, 12:24 PM   #1

Dining chairs 2016 39mb

The seat backs on both of our dining chairs seemed a little loose and yesterday the back of my wife’s chair just broke while having dinner. She is a small person, so no reason for it to fail. I thought maybe some bolts were loose so removed some staples and discovered it was cheaply made withpressed board like you might find on a weekend RV, not on what is highly advertised as “ designed for full timeing” . Has any one else experienced this? Other than trying to replace did Redwood address? I also have a 2001 Carriage that I have used for years with no issues with hardly anything, my brother has a 2013 Redwood that he also fulltimes in and his chairs appear to be real wood with no issues. I am finding other quality issues with what I thought was going to be the RV that would last a long time so very disappointed at this point. Any info on chairs would be appreciated
Pockets52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:04 PM   #2

my *2016* 38RL had the same issue.. the backs seamed to have loosening bolts.. Once I uncovered the issue I took pictures and called Williamsburg Furniture in Napanee Indiana... they are the manufacturer of the chairs.... They sent me replacement nat no charge..

You will need the tag from the bottom of he chair, that has all the info needed
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:48 PM   #3

Had the same issue with ours. Talked to RW at the rally (this was several years ago) and seems they were no longer dealing with that supplier. They gave us a value not to exceed and we bought replacement chairs and were reimbursed by RW.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:52 PM   #4

Well, last summer I sat in the folding chair while playing a card game with my kids that came over. About an hour into our fun, the chair basically exploded and I was totally on the ground. Great laughs for the kids, not so much for me. The DW wanted to find the exact chair to match. Contacting the manufacture (I believe Williamsburg) I found out they had been sold to another company and did not support my color and would not help me other that to direct me to a RV surplus store. No luck there either. I wound up ordering one from Tiara and paying Retail plus shipping for a chair that had different upholstery and swapping out my seat and back. They still did not line up perfect and I had to modify the hinge location for the chair to open and close correctly. The wood color is off a little presumably from being a different year/run. If you put the chairs next to each other a look closely, you can see the difference. For the $500.00 it cost, if I had it to do over again, I would talk the DW into replacing both chairs with something else.

Needless to say, this big guy (not that big) will not be sitting in the folding chair again...
Old 06-28-2019, 04:54 PM   #5

Broke mine a couple years ago, went to a furniture store bought a couple to match the interior, working fine.

Tried to take apart to see if I could fix and realized they had been glued together right at the stress point on the back of the chair, almost as if they were designed to fail. You would have thought it would have been a solid wood chair.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote