Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #1

Customer service issue

Purchased a new 2015 Redwood 39mb which we love. Have had a few issues, ice maker line leaks being one, but nothing too major until we went to leave FL a few days ago and discovered we had a hydraulic leak. Called our dealer in St. Louis and they directed us to authorized warranty repair dealer in Ocala. Got here Monday, campground in rear of dealer. Cost to camp is $35/night. Part needed to be ordered from Crossroads and if don't pay to overnight could take a week or more to get here. Lots to pay for camping at $35/night, so Ok..paid for overnight (approx $80) so we can hopefully be on our way home Fri. Called customer service at Crossroads and was told they pay nothing for camping nor overnight shipping fees. I think this stinks as we would not have had to pay for camping fees/overnight charge if we could have gone directly home! Not our fault hydraulic leak hose busted and also fluid all in underbelly so insulation needs replaced, etc. repairs and labor are covered but I think Crossroads should step up to pay for accommodations when warranty involved! Anyone else have similar experience? I asked to speak to manager at Crossroads but was told no by lady in Customer Service.
Klrful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:45 PM   #2

Sorry about your hose - that is a messy thing.

I'm confused why you would expect Redwood to pick up your camping and expediting charges. Would your truck manufacturer do that if it lost a power steering hose under warranty? An aftermarket warranty might cover those things, but I wouldn't expect that from a manufacturer warranty.

Personally I think you were pretty lucky they got you in immediately and they got you rolling. Around here they are not even taking appts for the next 90 days.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 05:17 PM   #3

I am fortunate this dealer could get us in quickly.

I understand where you are coming from with the truck part, but sorry don't agree. I have to spend an extra $200 or so out of my pocket to get something repaird that is under warranty and practically brand new. If our truck brand new and under warranty and we couldn't tow our rig and had to stay in a place that costs us extra money because of something wrong with the truck, then yes, I would expect some compensation to help with accommodations. Sorry, just my opinion.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #4

I understand, I just have never heard of that being compensated through a standard warranty. Extended warranties offer some trip protection that might have covered that.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:40 PM   #5

About 1.5 years ago we had a leaky front jack. I called Redwood/Crossroads and they agreed to pay for a mobile tech to perform the install of the new jack and they shipped the jack in about 4 days.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:30 PM   #6

Redwood service manager Michael Antal has reached out to me and I believe they will help me out. My shipping ended up being not quite $30 and I'm not sure if that was because of Redwood or what.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #7

Can't believe someone refused to let you speak with a manager! Where's the Customer Service!
Bob and Debbie (both retired) with Senior FurBabies Grizz (a German Shepherd mix) and Bailey (a Lab mix)...and sometimes a Grandkiddo or 2! Full Time RVers since July 2013 Redwood: 2012 36FL with sliding patio doors
Tow Vehicle: 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD with 6.6 DuraMax Dually
Grizzby is offline   Reply With Quote