Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2017, 02:58 PM   #1

Customer Service

Any one have a number for RW customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Barnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 05:06 PM   #2

This is from the Redwood RV website. I used it last spring and was able to connect with them.
Customer Service Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Friday: 8:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Customer Service: 855-226-7496
Email: warranty@crossroadsrv.com

TireMinder TPMS monitor/Slide covers
Fusion backup monitor
PullRite Superglide 2900 Hitch
woodman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:12 PM   #3

It's Keystone now. Forget calling them directly. The dealership has to review and approve their involvment. Our dealership is picking our 2017 up from our home and is shipping it back to the plant for more repairs. Tell the dealership gm you want it shipped vsck. Ours has been back to dealership 4 times in 5 moths and now the cook top counterparts is cracked. Redwood is junk. They can keep it all winter for all we care. Repainting slides, flush system, countertop, it hadn't eneded. Broken suspension......Junk. don't talk to me about Amish craftmenship snd bs, this or that or made in the USA. Not on rv's. 85k for ****.
wekirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:36 AM   #4

RW customer service number

Problems with quality are prevalent across the RV industry, there isn't one brand that has the corner on that market. It's been reported, that overall RV demand remains very strong and that manufacturer's are pushing the envelope to be competitive, while ramping up production. It's a great formula for oversights and sloppy workmanship, and indeed that's what's happening. I'd like to see RW improve their quality control, but it's a large task when it's so inbred in the industry. Like many others, we encountered numerous problems with our '17 RW and while some were addressed, others remain, yet bottom line, RW has been courteous, and paid for all the claims and repairs, we just need to remain vigilant and follow up. Part of the success in getting things attended to, had to do with contacting their customer service department and developing a respectful relationship with him/her. They then authorized the repairs to be done at a dealership. Yes, it's an inconvenience and becomes frustrating when it isn't done right, but dealerships often don't have accomplished and experienced top mechanics either.

This past spring, we installed disc brakes with a MorRyde suspension because, despite all those other problems, we feel our RW is still a class above most others, fits our needs and worth the investment.
Fusion backup monitor
Old 09-18-2017, 03:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman1 View Post
Problems with quality are prevalent across the RV industry, there isn't one brand that has the corner on that market. It's been reported, that overall RV demand remains very strong and that manufacturer's are pushing the envelope to be competitive, while ramping up production. It's a great formula for oversights and sloppy workmanship, and indeed that's what's happening. I'd like to see RW improve their quality control, but it's a large task when it's so inbred in the industry. Like many others, we encountered numerous problems with our '17 RW and while some were addressed, others remain, yet bottom line, RW has been courteous, and paid for all the claims and repairs, we just need to remain vigilant and follow up. Part of the success in getting things attended to, had to do with contacting their customer service department and developing a respectful relationship with him/her. They then authorized the repairs to be done at a dealership. Yes, it's an inconvenience and becomes frustrating when it isn't done right, but dealerships often don't have accomplished and experienced top mechanics either.

This past spring, we installed disc brakes with a MorRyde suspension because, despite all those other problems, we feel our RW is still a class above most others, fits our needs and worth the investment.

Old 09-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #6

I agree with Woodman 1. All the problems we've had on our 17 3921 GKL seem to be pretty minor and should be fixable with little trouble. I just needed to know how to contact to get the ball rolling. There will be good and bad in every product. Our dealership is been great in helping. I've also spoken with owners of the more expensive 5th wheels. DRV for one and they have the same issues we have with a lot more out of pocket money. It's part of the life we live. I'll take it and work on getting every thing repaired so I can continue to travel and be the gypsy I am!!!

Old 09-19-2017, 02:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman1 View Post

You're quite fortunate not to have had the major issues that have confronted wekirby.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:16 PM   #8

Ok. I'm wondering here just how did you get the RW customer service to authorize repairs at a dealership. When I called RW customer service I was told I'd have to take the RW into a dealership, they would have to photograph all my problems send that to the factory or customer service for authorize the repairs. We have several things to be repaired. Non really major but would like to have it all working as expected. I talked to a lady named Liz at Customer service. Ours is a 2017 Thanks again for any help on this

Old 10-18-2017, 10:09 PM   #9

That's exactly what we've had to do - Our RW had to be brought into our dealer and photos were taken. Then we had to wait for approval. On one item our dealer called and had us take some additional photos to email to the dealer. All repairs were finally approved. And we had multiple major trip ending problems.
NewRW Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:32 PM   #10

One other thing that we found is that if we left our RW at the dealer it would be there for weeks with nothing done. After maybe 3 weeks work would be started. When my husband stayed things got done and requests for approval got done within one day. Then he'd tow our RW back home and wait for approval and parts to come in and bring it back for repairs.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRW Owner View Post
One other thing that we found is that if we left our RW at the dealer it would be there for weeks with nothing done. After maybe 3 weeks work would be started. When my husband stayed things got done and requests for approval got done within one day. Then he'd tow our RW back home and wait for approval and parts to come in and bring it back for repairs.

Our dealer is 5 1/2 hours from our house. I don't think we could do that. Unless we just stayed at the rv park at night then took it back the next morning. How long did he have to stay. I understand they will have to order the parts so I don't mind waiting on that. But I've heard they just set for weeks and nothing. I'd rather be using mine.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:58 PM   #12

Hi We were told the same thing by the customer relations person due to the sale of redwood to the sale to keystone. It's a racket. Our rw is now at the dealer and they have not done anything but take photos of all the problems which keystone has to review and approve who makes the repairs. It's true that all rv companies have no quality control due to the fact they are selling them. Demand is up quality is down. The story of American built ****. For them to hide behind "Amish" hand crafted is bs. They are the worst! This trailer is proof as is the majority of rvs built. I don't want Amish built anything going forward, it's crap. I also had a friend ask us this weekend about our rw and would we recommend it. It told him absolutely not. He and his wife currently have a Cameo. Which is what we hsd. I told him to keep it.
I wish we have done the same. They can keep our rw all winter for all I care. 4th return is a charm right?! I doubt it. I forgot to mention ours was bought at Tradewinds RV Center in Clio, MI. The general Manger and Service Mgr have now also blocked our email id's from their inboxes.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnjess View Post
Our dealer is 5 1/2 hours from our house. I don't think we could do that. Unless we just stayed at the rv park at night then took it back the next morning. How long did he have to stay. I understand they will have to order the parts so I don't mind waiting on that. But I've heard they just set for weeks and nothing. I'd rather be using mine.

I know what you mean about the distance. Our dealer is over 3 hours one way from our house. Our dealer has rv park type hookups so they can pull the RV in the shop and work on it during the day and then put it in the back of the shop with hookups after work hours. Owners can spend the night in their RV. My husband spent the night one time. The other time he came home the same day. He had to leave it to get fixed after approvals were given and parts came in. We had to tow it back down for the repairs which were done within a week. The repairs we needed were trip ending had to be done before we could use it.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:32 AM   #14

Our repairs have kept our rv in non use for more than 2 months of our 4 month season in Michigan. So bad. All I can say is we need to put this on social media like fb and others. That is the only way it will improve. I am all for it and will take part.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:49 AM   #15

I love our RW. I don't love the lack of quality control. All I want is to be able to use it with no major problems, at least most of the time. RV manufacturers will soon find out that if they don't put out a quality product and back it with their warranty people will stop buying their product. That's why companies go belly up. Hopefully RW (Keystone/Thor) wises up.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #16

warranty work

When we discovered some problems with our RW on a trip some 1000+ miles from our original dealership, I called our dealership and personally took photos and sent them. They then forwarded them to RW who eventually authorized the repair and also gave me a contact person. I then chose to have a mobile tech repair the problem, rather than finding a dealership. The mobile tech needed to have certification and provide credentials to RW for approval of the repair. Once that was accomplished, he went ahead with the repairs. The understanding was that I had to initially pay for the repairs and supplies, then sent an itemized statement to RW with an attention to the RW rep I had been talking to. Within 4 weeks I had a check from RW. Since then, we've had other repairs done by the dealership, although some are still waiting, but not that significant. I believe, like so many things in life, your attitude and the respect and courteousness you show toward people, goes a long way. I often start out by asking, how can "we" take care of this problem. Granted, this doesn't work in every situation, some people are just prone to being difficult, but it usually pays huge dividends, not engage in battles.
Fusion backup monitor
Old 10-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnjess View Post

I'm curious. I can appreciate that your original dealer may be far away, but you should now be able to use any Keystone authorized dealer. Is there a compelling reason to continue using the original dealer after the sale? It certainly doesn't make any difference to the service department whether you bought it there or not.
shrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRW Owner View Post
RV manufacturers will soon find out that if they don't put out a quality product and back it with their warranty people will stop buying their product. That's why companies go belly up. Hopefully RW (Keystone/Thor) wises up.
These are the same words we heard on forums when we bought our first Montana 5th wheel 15 years ago! - and guess what - sales have soared with no improvements in quality. But wait - who did actually go belly up? Teton, Carriage, to name a few.

So, I would have to disagree - that is not why companies go belly up. History has proved the opposite.

To me, the best success in ownership is to fight for the major issues, and fix the rest yourself. The less interaction with the Dealership, the happier you will be. You can't change the system by yourself, and there are more important things to stress about. On our Redwood, we just happen to get a new guy at the Dealership assigned to Redwood Warranty and he allowed us to take the pictures of the broken parts, he would order, and we would pick them up without the Redwood ever entering their lot.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:24 PM   #19

Guess we will find out if, over time, lack of quality control causes some to go belly up. There are many other causes for companies to fail and I have no idea as to why Teton, Carriage and others failed. We looked at Lifestyle another that failed. The dealer said that buyers weren't willing to pay the high price that went along with the high quality. Your right that one person can't change the system but many who simply won't buy the product can. Hopefully that doesn't happen to RW.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrode View Post
I'm curious. I can appreciate that your original dealer may be far away, but you should now be able to use any Keystone authorized dealer. Is there a compelling reason to continue using the original dealer after the sale? It certainly doesn't make any difference to the service department whether you bought it there or not.
When I called Redwood and was connected to Keystone I was told that we had to go to our dealer for warranty repairs. If we're on the road and far away from our dealer, we can go to any authorized Keystone repair facility.