Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2016, 06:46 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroute View Post
I'm at the end of my wits with the leveling jack popping and creaking - so much so that I've decided to sell my Redwood. I have tried every fluid that Lippert has recommend to resolve the issue and still have not had any success in resolving it. Just last week I had neighbors in the site next to me complain about the constant noise my coach made all afternoon (laundry was going) and then again all night long. They claimed it made them close their windows as the constant popping/creaking coming from my coach woke them up multiple times. I know they were not kidding as it often times wakes me up at night as well. Not sure what my next coach will be - but I have started the looking process as I'm done with this Redwood. I hope you are able to resolve the issue with your coach!
Sorry to hear about the ongoing popping issue. Redwood along with many other RV brands have Lippert supply the jacks, pump and electronics for the leveling system. There are other leveling system brands you could consider and could save you thousands in depreciation on another RV that could also have a Lippert leveling system. Some are bolt on compatible with Lippert's jacks. My 2013 36RL is over four years old and never had the popping with the Lippert system and have not used any additives (knocking on wood!).
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Its seems a bit drastic to have to make a significant change like you mentioned. Have you tried the lippert approved anti-stiction fluid? I too have a 2013 RL but I added 2 qts of the "Cat fluid" and all popping went away.

Over the last three years the dealer and I have tried all three fluids recommended by Lippert with no resolution. Currently the coach has 2 quarts of the "motorcycle fork" fluid in it and this seems to be the worst of the three. Maybe I should go back and try the CAT fluid again being you are seeing results from it.

Time will tell what the next step will be...