Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2014, 10:41 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
You guys and your bourbon...sheesh. When are you going to step up to fine Scotch? You own a Redwood for goodness sakes!
Buy American!

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:50 PM   #82
Site Team

Yep.... There are always the folks that scream at the pour service guy and then they wonder why that same service guy won't go out of his way to help them.

As for the cracks in the sides......several different manufactures were having the same problem. It's easily fixed and I don't see why someone would have to vacate their tv to have it done. The factory has been pretty good at getting this type of thing fixed.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:17 AM   #83

Really who do I talk to? My dealer did not give me an option. Explore USA , ft worth.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:47 AM   #84
Site Team

General Manager, Jim Lazzarino. Others have had good response from him. Might be worth a try.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:50 AM   #85
Traveling

Jim Lazzarino is my hero... he got our coach on the road when it was stuck in a holding lot. It would have been at least another 2-3 weeks had he not picked up the phone. Super nice guy.
TNTBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 01:11 AM   #86
Site Team

Jim will go out of his way to help anybody. There's been some folks on here that went to the "contact us" on the Redwood website. I remember one guy saying he received a phone call on a Sunday night after contacting them using this method.

call them and Remember....there's always a lot of folks with problems. So if you don't get a call back.....call again.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:04 AM   #87

Fortunately no cracks on mine & coming up on 2 years & close to 20k miles. My previous SOB cracked on top rear corner of bedroom slide.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:35 AM   #88

Jim was crucial for my fixes. He even contacted me after I picked my Redwood up from the Service Center to see if I was satisfied with their work. I originally contacted him by going to the Redwood website and called the number on that site and asked for the General Manager and within a minute I was talking to Jim. Great individual!!
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:54 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
You guys and your bourbon...sheesh. When are you going to step up to fine Scotch? You own a Redwood for goodness sakes!
Tom - you have fine taste, there's only 1 Whisky and it comes fae the Highlands of Bonnie Scotland.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:57 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy201438rl View Post
According to our dealer, there has been a lot of these things cracking! Mine already has the "H", but it is now become uneven and the side is bulging. I am thinking these units are crap!! I can't believe how nonchalat everyone is about the problem...I live in this thing and now I am going to be homeless for 6-8 weeks or more. It is not OK! Texas Lemon Law here I come. Redwood has problems and we are the victims.
Have you talked to your dealer about staying on their lot?
We have twice, stayed at our dealers lot for week while they worked on our unit.
Every night they pulled our 2015 38RL out of the shop ,so we could supper and sleep.
We just had to keep ourselves and our furry kids occupied during the day while they were working on it
don and Judith
Don and Judith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:14 AM   #91

We had 4 stress cracks in our2012 36FL. One under each front slide out, one under the bathroom door and one above the driver side rear bedroom slide out. Redwood was extremely supportable and had all fixed. The cracks on the front slides were initiatlly fixed using "H" clips but during a recent visit to the crossroads service center, they replaced the H clips with another process, looks great. All repairs to the other cracks were repaired with no issues with Redwood, prompt and outstanding support. Recommend you coordinate with the Crossroads service center and a local crossroads service center and you will get your coach fixed.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:38 AM   #92
Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Judith View Post
Have you talked to your dealer about staying on their lot?
We have twice, stayed at our dealers lot for week while they worked on our unit.
Every night they pulled our 2015 38RL out of the shop ,so we could supper and sleep.
We just had to keep ourselves and our furry kids occupied during the day while they were working on it
don and Judith
We stay on the lot at the dealership too during service. It works out great. They are very helpful and we just take off for the day while they work. It's awesome.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:55 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
Tom - you have fine taste, there's only 1 Whisky and it comes fae the Highlands of Bonnie Scotland.
Andy...I just got home from the horsepistol after a needed repair. As a little gift, my lovely bride gave a bottle of 15 year old Highland Park to me. I'm in heaven.
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #94

My dealer, Explore USA, "has no provisions for on site customer living". I guess chosing your dealer is as important as chosing your brand of RV. I will definitely be more careful the next time. By the way, who is your dealer? I think they deserve a plug.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:19 PM   #95
Traveling

Our Dealer/Service is B. Young RV in Portland, OR. There are many that do this. There is no rule that says you have to have your service done at the dealership! Choose another service center! Service center love warranty work, that is their bread and butter. I would ask Redwood for a recommendation if you are unsure. It's worth travelling a bit to get things done right and to be able to stay in your home while it's being worked on, if at all possible. This is NOT unusual. Good luck
Old 11-11-2014, 06:01 PM   #96

I thought you couldn't use four letter words on this forum ???

ExploreUSA is a four letter to anyone I speak to
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:03 PM   #97

Our dealer is Fraserway RV in Abbotsford BC. As I said before, we have stayed on their lot twice now, a week at a time( we and the lot guy,call it the presidential suite) they have a Hugh area under cover for doing the PDI's
I have nothing but great praise for the service dept. If you come up this way, ask for Stevie.
Don and Judith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:27 AM   #98

Don - totally agree, excellent dealership, yet again we have been totally satisfied. They dinged our satellite pulling it out of the shop, which broke the arm. Although the dish and mounts looked to be OK, they replaced everything.

Stevie had a young chap working on our coach this time - Josh, his quality of work and attention to detail is exceptional. He did a really thorough annual inspection.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:16 AM   #99

I also had a huge crack near my bedroom slide and took it to Explore USA in Denton and it too 5 WEEKS to get it back!!! I was up there almost every day trying to get it done faster but they stated they were waiting for an OKAY from Redwood. I will NEVER take mine back there!!! I will try to fix it myself first and if I have to call a repair man to drive to my RV, I will. I live in mine at Winstar RV Park in Oklahoma.
Dave6532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 03:43 PM   #100

There is no excuse for that kind of stuff. If they can't get started fixing until they get an OK, you should be able to keep you're RV til they get the OK and are ready to do the actual repair. I know I don't want our home sitting on a Dealers lot while they are playing phone tag with the MFR.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote