Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 01:50 AM   #21

Joe

Sometime would you post those instructions or where to find them. Seems I had trouble finding that.

Thanks

Jim

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:05 AM   #22

Sure Jim,

Just need to find where I put them ??

The issue I have was that I did it while I was on the phone with Magnum and they were telling me how to do it live...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #23

UPDATE: Ok..... was able to get batteries out to check em. One completely dry with deposits on plates.... other one low. They're 3 years old now anyway so I'm going to replace them with AGM'S for ease of maintaince but that's where a few other questions come to mind. I've read conflicting things online concerning AGM'S. Some say that they need special chargers (would my onboard Magnum charger/inverter work ok?) & since AGM'S give off minimal gasses, would I still need to vent them ? Thanks in advance.
Duramax, Allison Tranny, 62 Gal. Titan Tank
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 09:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosey View Post
UPDATE: Ok..... was able to get batteries out to check em. One completely dry with deposits on plates.... other one low. They're 3 years old now anyway so I'm going to replace them with AGM'S for ease of maintaince but that's where a few other questions come to mind. I've read conflicting things online concerning AGM'S. Some say that they need special chargers (would my onboard Magnum charger/inverter work ok?) & since AGM'S give off minimal gasses, would I still need to vent them ? Thanks in advance.
I called the gang at Magnum when I was looking into replacing my batteries, those chargers in the RW's have multiple charging settings on them, and can be switched to and from AGM.

Once you narrow in on a battery call them, they will walk you through the change, it was very easy but honestly I do not remember exactly how I did it step by step..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #25

I haven't switched yet, but I know there are settings for the Amp hours of the battery bank and some other settings. It's all covered in the manual for the remote, you just walk through screens till you get to the right point and change the settings.
Don't forget you may have to change settings in the main Progressive Converter in the Power Distribution Center. Some of this depends on the Brand of AGMs as I think some are designed to use the same settings as a Flooded Battery.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:27 PM   #26

Power converter

Quote:
Trying to locate the converter on my 2016 39MB. Can anyone help me ? Haven't diagnosed whether batteries or converter bad yet. Went out to exercise my gen. this morning & noticed dead batteries. Always plugged into shore power. One thing I can say for sure ......... terrible design of the battery compartment by Redwood..... not going to be fun getting those covers off & possibly having to replace batteries !!
My converter is behind the wall in the basement. In your storage compartment, pull out the wall, and look to the left. (or right) depending where your breaker panel is, then you should see it. I good size silver or gray metal box. Usually the batteries will go bad, and if you replace then, go with 2 6V golf cart batteries. wire them to make `12V and you get more usage time for less money. More bang for the buck.
skipperr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:29 PM   #27

Quote:
Trying to locate the converter on my 2016 39MB. Can anyone help me ? Haven't diagnosed whether batteries or converter bad yet. Went out to exercise my gen. this morning & noticed dead batteries. Always plugged into shore power. One thing I can say for sure ......... terrible design of the battery compartment by Redwood..... not going to be fun getting those covers off & possibly having to replace batteries !!
I am following your thread of information anxiously. I am currently going through the same thing with my 2015 39MB. Worked at getting the batteries out yesterday and they are completely shot. not looking forward to trying to put the new ones back in.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:01 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBSANDSTROM View Post
I am following your thread of information anxiously. I am currently going through the same thing with my 2015 39MB. Worked at getting the batteries out yesterday and they are completely shot. not looking forward to trying to put the new ones back in.
Nightmare getting those batteries out to check wasn't it ?!?!
Bought 2 OPTIMA d34M blue top deepcycle AMG batteries on sale at Advance Auto. These require no water to check (which was impossible to do before with the way the cables were routed right over the cell caps) and vents out only MINUSCULE hydrogen gas. I removed those stock battery boxes & in their place installed battery TRAYS. In place of the stock vent tubes (exit)I'm simply just going to only install a much LARGER VENT for better airflow. The only thing I have to figure out is how to reset my inverter / charger since research shows that the factory setting for the inverter charger is geared toward wet cell batteries which could overcharge the AMG's. Hope this makes sense.
2016 39MB 5.5 Onan, Residential Package, Goodyear G114's, Mor/ryde heavy duty Shackle/bushing upgrade.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:15 AM   #29

ME-MR Remote Control Owner's Manual | 64-0031, Rev E | Magnum Dimensions

Page 10

I used AGM 2 for the Duracell's I just put in.

Rick
Old 07-15-2018, 12:09 PM   #30

RICK ....... thank you so much sir !!!! EXACTLY what I was looking for !
Old 07-30-2018, 08:38 PM   #31

UPDATE:

Removed old battery boxes & replaced with plastic battery trays. Installed AGM’s on the FLAT trays & secured with battery straps. Since the AGM’s give off minuscule amounts of hydrogen gas, I got rid of the vent tube(s) & simply installed a large vent in the battery compartment for better ventilation. Now I have eliminated the chore of getting axcess to those darn things to check water level. It was easy to change float charge setting on converter from “wet cell” to AGM. (See previous post).