Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #1

converter location

we have a 2012 redwood 36 FB can anyone tell me where rhe converter is located? thanks
Bill Wright
b41wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by b41wright View Post
we have a 2012 redwood 36 FB can anyone tell me where rhe converter is located? thanks
Bill Wright

I have a 2012 36RL. My stand alone converter is mounted just behind the tool compartment wall. My converter was replaced under warranty in late 2013. You would have to access it by taking down the rear wall in the storage compartment and it is located to the left upper area as you view from inside the storage compartment.

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:53 PM   #3

Converter should be accessible behind the WFCO distribution panel, breaker box and fuse box if you will ( called distribution panel because it distributes the 110v AC and 12v DC to the coach). Unplugged from shore power remove the screws holding the cover on. Remove the screws holding the distribution panel to the cabinet face stiles and gently pull the distribution panel out and set it on the floor in front of the opening. Should be 12+ inches of free wire to allow for access behind the distribution panel. Should be no need to empty your basement of stuff and remove part of a wall and crawl behind to reach the converter.

Are you thinking of changing it out to a different one? If you recently replaced batteries and accidentally reversed the battery terminals and blew the fuses it would be easier to get to the converter from the opening created by removing the distribution panel.

2012 36RL, Full Body Paint, Dual Awning, Dual a/c, Splendide Combo, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, 6.5kW Onan, Goodyear G614's. 2015 F550 6.7l, 4X4, Lariat, CC, 176" WB, Long Box, B&W Companion
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 02:28 PM   #4

thank you all for your responses, I have ordered a new converter from amazon the exact same model and am awaiting on its arrival before i attempt to replace. I am not quite sure why it failed but after 7 plus years, i am ok with it. I am going to remove the fuse panel to access it
Thanks again
Bill wright
b41wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by r time soon View Post
Converter should be accessible behind the WFCO distribution panel, breaker box and fuse box if you will ( called distribution panel because it distributes the 110v AC and 12v DC to the coach). Unplugged from shore power remove the screws holding the cover on. Remove the screws holding the distribution panel to the cabinet face stiles and gently pull the distribution panel out and set it on the floor in front of the opening. Should be 12+ inches of free wire to allow for access behind the distribution panel. Should be no need to empty your basement of stuff and remove part of a wall and crawl behind to reach the converter.

Are you thinking of changing it out to a different one? If you recently replaced batteries and accidentally reversed the battery terminals and blew the fuses it would be easier to get to the converter from the opening created by removing the distribution panel.
For future reference, at least on the 36RL DO NOT PULL the distribution panel to access the converter. As stated earlier in this thread it is located imediately behind the little storage locker between the coach and basement doors. However, it is plugged into an outlet located on the backside of the distribution panel.
GA1817 is offline   Reply With Quote