Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #41

What I am saying is we try to do what is right for the customer if you call me and I can get your unit fixed and you are happy then I can go on to the next customer last thing I want is several calls from you because each call the customer makes he just gets hotter and sometimes upper management puts the handcuffs on us watching the bank account with all the techs I have worked with none of them want a repeat call but we sometimes get stuck working between a dealer and customer with dealer screaming they need more money and customer screaming they want it fixed now it is a lose lose situation for us work for me is better I left this and went to work for a large company in service side I know when you break down it pisses you off to know end but please know the first call to a tech the better you treat him the better you will get help
gocubs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #42

Sorry for the bad phone calls if I was ever the one but if not. I totally understand and thanks for sharing That with us I know I could get pretentious when stuff hits the fan and I know the last person who needs it is the one on the other side of the phone.
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #43

Johnboytoo, you are on it I have been in RV Industry for 25 years and only one company has a tier system with tech #1 then tech #2 problem I have seen with that is when a retail calls he want a answer now not hours from now the company I am talking about gets your problem to a higher up tech who will then try to get you a answer but that all takes time something most customer do not have
Old 07-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubs17 View Post
Rick you are correct I was a tech but not anymore when you get 50 calls a day and only about 5 are from great people the days get a little long and stress is great
one thing most retail customer do not know is most tech's would go out of their way to make you happy and to fix all problems but we have boss's to answer too and sometimes the stress there is worse than dealing with customer
I'm sure that is what happened in my case. The tech tried and tried but when his hands were tied he was caught between me and the boss. Unfortunately in my case the boss wouldn't make a decision or return my calls or e-mails. That's when I went to the top and got results. I was to the point where I thought I was going to have to try to resolve through the Better Business arbitration program. Redwood finally did what was right once I contacted the right person. I know the tech gave me everything he could but at the same time he could not bad mouth his superiors. I had to figure out where the roadblock was myself.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:05 AM   #45

Rick, I know your case very well I was next to the tech you had ( you hit the nail on the head) I do not mean to come off like techs could careless most of us do I have made many good friends with some I have worked with so much so some call my personal phone when in the area and I know some others would like to kill me many of time we have pleaded with the Lipperts and others for help If you guys on here ever need some help PM me I would be glad to help
Old 07-19-2014, 09:03 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick and Mindy View Post
I'm sure that is what happened in my case. The tech tried and tried but when his hands were tied he was caught between me and the boss. Unfortunately in my case the boss wouldn't make a decision or return my calls or e-mails. That's when I went to the top and got results. I was to the point where I thought I was going to have to try to resolve through the Better Business arbitration program. Redwood finally did what was right once I contacted the right person. I know the tech gave me everything he could but at the same time he could not bad mouth his superiors. I had to figure out where the roadblock was myself.
According to the BBB website, neither Redwood, or Crossroads are BBB accredited. BBB accreditation is voluntary, though. So, I'm not sure if they could have helped. It's good to know that Redwood stepped up for you. It makes me feel better hearing this.
JerryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryL View Post
According to the BBB website, neither Redwood, or Crossroads are BBB accredited. BBB accreditation is voluntary, though. So, I'm not sure if they could have helped. It's good to know that Redwood stepped up for you. It makes me feel better hearing this.
I tried and tried to find out from the tech what type of resolution process Redwood participated in but could never get an answer. I was ready to go to the BBB first. Thankfully, the last step I tried provided fantastic results.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:30 AM   #48
Site Team

For the record....the BBB is a for hire, non-profit association without teeth. It's only a feel good company that provides false security. They can not comment on a company that is not a member and will not comment negatively about their members.

A few years ago it was reported on national news, a research team did a study on them and found that they were totally worthless when it came to protecting the end consumer.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:38 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny View Post
For the record....the BBB is a voluntary association without teeth. Being a business owner(marketing/publishing company) I've done work with them and after reading their stuff I just shook my head. It's only a feel good company
X2
I tried to go through the BBB for a bad roofer. What a waste of time. He went from an F to A by simply deciding to respond to complaints, even though he didn't do anything about them. As soon as I mentioned litigation, BBB dropped my complaint like a rock and said they could do no more for it. If that guy is still in business and the BBB endorses him (and it does), I have no use for any BBB affiliation.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 02:46 AM   #50

I can tell you that in 2 occasions the BBB arbitration progam resolved issues I had with 2 major companies. One was GM back in the 70's. GM refused to correct a deficiency in their engine, the BBB arbitrated the complaint for me and I received an extended warranty as a result. The 2nd was with SamsClub on some defective tires. They laughed at me and told me that the tires were defective because I did not inflate them properly. I asked them if they participated in the BBB program and they said they had never heard of it. I filed the complaint, it went to WalMart headquarters, then back to the Samsclub locally and within 2 weeks the man who laughed at me was calling me and asking what he could do to solve my issue! Not all businesses participate in the arbitration program but it never hurts to try. Both were simple fixes but the person I was dealing with wouldn't even try. I guess it was a power thing.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:24 AM   #51

We just purchased a new 2014 38rl and as we were traveling down the road the glass on our fireplace just shattered. It was the craziest thing I had ever seen, nothing hit it it just shattered anyway we called Redwood spoke with Bill Hodge, it took a couple of days to get the problem resolved however Bill was very responsive and always called back when a message was left. We have an appointment to have our fireplace replaced next Wednesday. So fare we are very pleased with the response. Guess it all depends on which rep you get so if you are not getting the help from one rep ask to have a different rep assigned to your problem.

Victor
Marketing Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #52

I will say, the Reps(techs) at Redwood have never been the problem. Every one of them I talked to were polite and helpful as much as they were allowed to be. I was even thanked by one tech for purchasing a Redwood, However, they are not given full decision making ability which is where the problem lies. They end up taking the heat for something they can't control and the person making the final decision doesn't have to listen to the unsatisfied customer. I think when Redwood first came onto the market the techs had a lot more leeway than they have now. How many of us have been in that type of position before where you are given the responsibility but not the authority?