Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #1

FYI. I called Brian Emmons office today to check on appt for factory warranty visit. I was redirected to Crossroads service department and was told Brian is no longer with the company. Both he and Linda have moved on, I was told they have down sized and are consolidating everything at Crossroads. I hope this is not the beginning of the end!!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #2

I just spoke with Tom Montague at Redwood and the company is doing great. The reason the factory no longer does service is they needed the space. The move to crossword is temporary until they figure out their expansion.
They are going to have a big rally this summer in August so stay tuned. Also, new updated web site coming soon.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #3

Thanks for the input, I just sent my request for a factory warranty visit in June. I am also told they only have 2 RV hookup sites at the factory so if they are taken I guess its a motel during our stay.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
FYI. I called Brian Emmons office today to check on appt for factory warranty visit. I was redirected to Crossroads service department and was told Brian is no longer with the company. Both he and Linda have moved on, I was told they have down sized and are consolidating everything at Crossroads. I hope this is not the beginning of the end!!

I have also been in communication with Tom and the the company is not downsizing. Just the opposite. They are running out of space at the Redwood factory in Syracuse and that is the reason they are moving the service to the Crossroads facility. Another reason is to provide a better facility. Edited by: Blenhardt
Old 03-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #5

Blenhard google earth and check out the plant from space. there is plenty of room for expansionhope to visit in mid july
Old 03-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #6

Don't forget, they have to make room for the New Carriage start-up soon too.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
Site Team

It's nice that they have hook-ups now. When I was there, I fired up the generator and slept in their parking lot. This is a pretty good improvement.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy
This isn't the first time they've moved the service area. They had to move it around because the building they were using they need for constructing the walls. They wouldn't need more area for constructing walls if they were slowing down.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
Dan

I find the loss of Brian verydetrimentalas I have counted on Briannumeroustimes, and due to the time change he would call me from his home at night to walk through problem that i wasincurring. what I am afraid of is the drop or lack of survice that I have come to depend on when we are on the road traveling through out Canada and that little countrybetweenus and Mexico. it is nice the are putting together a new servicefacilitybut I hope we never have to use it!!!!!

The bottom line will I have the samequalityof service with out Brian and will this last wellbeyondthe end of ourwarranty??????

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bucks
Blenhard google earth and check out the plant from space. there is plenty of room for expansionhope to visit in mid july
I have visited the Redwood factory. Yes, there is plenty of land there. I think the service department move is an attempt to consoladate Crossroads and Redwood service to be able to provide larger, better, and more comfortable service. It might also be more cost effective. Companys do need to control their costs and that is a good thing if they continue great service.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #11
Site Team

I had a long conversation with Brian tonight and he's doing well. He's not working in the RV industry anymore and he's happy. Brian is a great guy who helped many of us when we needed him the most. I'd like to note here that even though he doesn't work for Redwood anymore, he had nothing negative to say about the company or their products.

He's a class act
Old 03-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #12

I am scheduled for the facotry in May. I have emailed RW for confirmation and no return answers. I emailed Tom and no reply. I have lost track of who to contact for now. Any names and/or phone numbers would be great. Thanks,
Old 03-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #13

Dave thanks for the info on Brian. We really liked and respected him. He'll be missed, I only hope his replacement is as accommodating.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:40 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper

I am scheduled for the facotry in May. I have emailed RW for confirmation and no return answers. I emailed Tom and no reply. I have lost track of who to contact for now. Any names and/or phone numbers would be great. Thanks,
Ron is a great guy and he's the one that worked on mine last year. One of the trailers that he rebuilt is in the RV museum.

One person doesn't make a company but I"ll still miss working with Brian. He's called me before at 9:00pm my time (10:00pm his time) to work me through a problem or to make sure everything worked out.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #15

I had a problem with the grey tank handle separating from the cable just behind the handle. I contacted Redwood, and Bill Stout took the call. He was most professional, provided immediate authorization to have the cable repaired/replaced either at a redwood authorized dealer or by another service dealer, to include a mobile repair service (we had to pay the service call for the mobile repair but didn't have to move the coach). I sent him the repair receipt, pictures of the damaged cable and he had Redwood process the reimbursement the next day.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLJDM
I had a problem with the grey tank handle separating from the cable just behind the handle. I contacted Redwood, and Bill Stout took the call. He was most professional, provided immediate authorization to have the cable repaired/replaced either at a redwood authorized dealer or by another service dealer, to include a mobile repair service (we had to pay the service call for the mobile repair but didn't have to move the coach). I sent him the repair receipt, pictures of the damaged cable and he had Redwood process the reimbursement the next day.
John I'm glad to hear they took good care of you. It's nice to hear that the service is still there and I'm confident it will continue being there as well.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #17

I hope with the change over, you have to learn to walk before you run
Old 03-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #18
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
I had a long conversation with Brian tonight and he's doing well. He's not working in the RV industry anymore and he's happy. Brian is a great guy who helped many of us when we needed him the most. I'd like to note here that even though he doesn't work for Redwood anymore, he had nothing negative to say about the company or their products.

He's a class act

Dave

I am very glad that Brian is doing ok and I do agree he is a class act

Will Ron/Bill be using the same phone number as Brian had??

Dan

07 Dodge 3500, Exhaust Brake, Edge Programer, Killer "B" Turbo
13 RL ALL options except Gen and W/D
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:31 PM   #19

Bryan has been super during the 18 months we've had our Redwood. He more than made up for short comings at the dealer level and he will be missed. I've seen emails from him seven days a week.

I sent Brian an email just this morning and it was simply returned as undeliverable. Based only on my using this forum was I able to put 2+2 together. I feel fortunate that I did not have any issues in play that Bryan was working on.

Redwood competitors: You should hire Bryan tomorrow!