Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #1

Anyone have experience with boosters? We'd like to install one on our RW, but don't know where to start. We have At&t cell phones (4g) and a Verizon 3g mi-fi data card.

Any suggestions?Edited by: Kevin & Tammy
Kevin & Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #2

I use a nexgear data range extender in my home, works great. Extended my indoor wifi out to the street so when I park my redwood in fron of the house we have full connectivity. I plugged it into a wall socket, and followed the setup instructions, was relativelly simple. I have not used a cell phone booster but Radio Shack or a similar electronic supply store should have the equipment and installation process
Old 10-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Site Team

I've talked with people who have them and they said it really worked well. The company that makes them is call Wilson Electronic.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
rrs

Checkhttp://3gstore.com/
rrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #5

I never got the Wilson booster to work in my old RV, I am going to try again with the Redwood Wilson said my booster may not be working correctly so I am sending it to them to check out
Beechguyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
par

I have been using a cell signal amplifier for about 1 month now and so far very satisfied. It took a few days to setup since the directional antenna should point to the tower. I purchased theSIG-008from Signifi (http://www.signifimobile.com/). There are many different models so you may select what works best for you. Their price is reasonable andwhat did it for me wasthe 60 day return policy so I knew that if I had issues making this work it could be returned.
My current positionhas virtually no signal, phone kept dropping the connection. So if you have any signal at all, then this should probably work. The amp also works with data (via the cell connection)as well, in fact this reply is going through the amp to get to the internet.
If I can provide additonal info, just send me an email off-line.
par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechguyjim
I never got the Wilson booster to work in my old RV, I am going to try again with the Redwood Wilson said my booster may not be working correctly so I am sending it to them to check out
Wilson has been known to make some pretty good stuff in my opinion.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #8

That's why they think something is wrong with my booster! How many of you use the directional antennae I have the 360 deg one
Old 10-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #9

I bought a Wilson signal booster when I was in West Virginia and used it for a week. It helped a little but not enough to justify the cost so I returned it. I ran into another camper using the same model I had and he told me his didn't work very well in West Virginia either but works great everywhere else he's used it.
Maybe they don't so well in mountainous areas or need a better signal than we were getting.
TravelinAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #10

I am going to work with it when we visit aBuddy of mine in Riverside,CA he lives in the hills East of town most of the time no service then out of the blue the phone will ring and scare the hell out of ya