Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2015, 07:37 PM   #1
Site Team

Carriage 5th wheels

They announced today that the Carriage brand was a success at the RV show. I'm glad it was well received for them. In looking at the Carriage website, I'm trying to figure out the differences between them and Redwood. They look very simular and both are saying "Fit" frame. From what I can read, Carriage, Redwood and Landmark are all trying to get to the same market. Somewhere in there, DRV has a spot too.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:25 PM   #2

Looked at them in Tampa, the Carriage is indeed much like the Redwood but I still like the Redwood feel much better than the Carriage.

I also talked with a DRV factory rep, he was not too happy about the acquisition and told me that the current GM/President negotiated a move to Heartland for himself with total control of the DRV for the next five years and they will remain in their current factory...if Thor/Heartland deviates from the agreement the deal is off. We'll see...
Old 02-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
Site Team

I think Hollywood should pick up on the RV industry for their next soap opera. "As The RV Turns", the drama and dreams of RV building Staring Brian Williams as designer and Bernie Madeoffwithyourmoney as CFO.