Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2020, 05:20 PM   #1

Carefree Awning Question

Hello,

On my 2019 Redwood 3941FL with a U Connect controller I have noticed that occasionally the awnings will not retract. I have to jog the awning forward then while it is traveling I then immediately hit the retract and the motor will reverse. I tested and determined the U Connect is working and I believe the motor has a dead spot on between the armature and rotor. Has anyone had this problem or have an idea what is causing this? I am taking it in for warranty and I am concern I won't be able to reproduce the problem since it happens intermittently.

Thanks in Advance
Tom Hebda
tjh@reagan.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:32 PM   #2

We have a 36RL 2017 and had the same problem. I could not get the awning in so took the plastic shroud off of the motor and had my wife hit the retract button, I hit the motor with the plastic handle end of a screwdriver, motor came to life and worked for the remainder of the trip. We took it to the dealer for warranty and they replaced the motor even though it was still working.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastakid View Post
We have a 36RL 2017 and had the same problem. I could not get the awning in so took the plastic shroud off of the motor and had my wife hit the retract button, I hit the motor with the plastic handle end of a screwdriver, motor came to life and worked for the remainder of the trip. We took it to the dealer for warranty and they replaced the motor even though it was still working.
Thanks for your help
tjh@reagan.com is offline   Reply With Quote