Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2016, 03:53 PM   #1

Bubbles in roof liner, 2015 unit.

Recently cleaned the roof as required, and saw bubbles in center of roof lining in different locations, asked the teck, at dealership I was having work done at and was told this is common on rubber roofs of course he never looked at them go figure, went back on top few days later, bright sunshine they appeared to have disappeared, but yesterday I went back up to apply a second coat of roof sealant, and there they were again. Has anyone had this issue, is it normal on rubber roofs, or should I approach Redwood on this. I know tecks sometimes give you an answer just to get you out of their face.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:40 PM   #2

Just went into forum and saw where Piper guy has same issue, so question answered, Vaughn I will message you, if you see this post please give me who you contacted at Crossroads so I can get noted with them and also get email confirm for future issues if needed.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:44 PM   #3

Sorry meant Ford Truck Guy, Joe I will message you on this issue, I should learn to read.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff&Karen39MB View Post
Recently cleaned the roof as required, and saw bubbles in center of roof lining in different locations, asked the teck, at dealership I was having work done at and was told this is common on rubber roofs of course he never looked at them go figure, went back on top few days later, bright sunshine they appeared to have disappeared, but yesterday I went back up to apply a second coat of roof sealant, and there they were again. Has anyone had this issue, is it normal on rubber roofs, or should I approach Redwood on this. I know tecks sometimes give you an answer just to get you out of their face.
First of all, when the tech told you that is normal for a rubber roof a red flag should've jumped up at you. Redwood does not use a rubber roof. When those techs tell you to use dicor or some other brand of caulk, they really don't know. They are Alpha Ply roof materials and Alpha Ply recommends their brand of caulking. OK, it may be just the same as Dicor but if you want to maintain a 12 year warranty I would use what Alpha recommends.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote