Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #21

I had a hinge break on the forward door of the basement compartment on the street (driver's) side. Gary, did you order your parts from Lippert, Tiara or someone else
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5673.jpg (192.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0443.jpg (222.9 KB, 10 views)

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:21 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
I had a hinge break on the forward door of the basement compartment on the street (driver's) side. Gary, did you order your parts from Lippert, Tiara or someone else
. Post #13 says he ordered them direct from Lippert.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:36 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by csg11 View Post
I know this is an older thread, but, I have some info to help others that may have a broken hinge.

We have a 2013 36 FB. The right side hinge broke where it attaches to the door of the front hatch (generator and batteries). The middle one has bent a little. This is a small piece with two parts, the peg that goes into the hinge and the metal plate that holds the peg.

I have been trying to work with Redwood (3-4 calls), an Arizona Redwood dealer, my dealer in Ohio (who asked for pictures and never responded) and Lippert. Only Lippert was of any value. The others demonstrated very little interest in assisting. In fact, Redwood finally told me I had to order the whole door, frame and all, for what turns out to be a $3.51 part.

Lippert took the bull by the horns and did the research necessary to get me the part numbers, prices and drawings to insure the correct part. I have attached those drawings for others. I ordered all three (Left, Right and Middle) just to have spares. These same components are used for other hatches as well.

Hope this helps.

Gary
The Kinro hinges you posted are the better of the two small hinges Redwood used (they also had a full piano hinge). The early ones we had were very thin where they butt up to the pin, unlike the Kinro that is much thicker.

When the Dealer replaced our gas strut with a stronger one because our door would drift down, it caused two of the original hinges to snap and I was left holding the door. After several trials getting the right one, (Redwood sent the whole door), I took those Kinro hinges from one of the doors they sent and the Dealer painted them and we never had trouble again.

The first two pics are the original thin hinges (not sure of manufacturer). The third is the Kinro we used to replace ours, and the last picture is the piano hinge Redwood used for a while.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03576.jpg (91.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Broken hinge 1.JPG (17.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg new hinge trimmed.jpg (117.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20140627_165642.jpg (134.0 KB, 18 views)
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:02 PM   #24

I did notice that the replacement parts were more substantial.
I ordered one of each to keep as spares. But the replacement for the broken one is back ordered. So, I drove the pin out and drove it back in from the other side on the one I did get. Will install it tomorrow, got to spoil some Grandkids today.

Thanks for the info.
csg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 12:12 AM   #25

hi, I want to know where can I get a hinge that is in the last picture. I can not find it under piano hinge.
Matt Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:54 PM   #26

I found the replacement hinges for my 2013 31RL at:

https://www.pellandent.com/Motorhome...644&Return=165

Kinro compartment door hinge left hand is P/N K307338LFT for $5.89 each.

I wasn't able to find these hinges from any of the sources listed above. Suggest members post part ordering info including the specific link to part sources in future posts for the benefit of all concerned.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 04:39 PM   #27
par

Quote:
Originally Posted by csg11 View Post
I know this is an older thread, but, I have some info to help others that may have a broken hinge.

We have a 2013 36 FB. The right side hinge broke where it attaches to the door of the front hatch (generator and batteries). The middle one has bent a little. This is a small piece with two parts, the peg that goes into the hinge and the metal plate that holds the peg.

I have been trying to work with Redwood (3-4 calls), an Arizona Redwood dealer, my dealer in Ohio (who asked for pictures and never responded) and Lippert. Only Lippert was of any value. The others demonstrated very little interest in assisting. In fact, Redwood finally told me I had to order the whole door, frame and all, for what turns out to be a $3.51 part.

Lippert took the bull by the horns and did the research necessary to get me the part numbers, prices and drawings to insure the correct part. I have attached those drawings for others. I ordered all three (Left, Right and Middle) just to have spares. These same components are used for other hatches as well.

Hope this helps.

Gary
I just happened to stumble on this thread, I have also broken some pins a few years ago. I called Redwood and they accommodated me, but I'm afraid those days are over. I also need to support your argument about Lippert, they have been exceptional with me over the years!
The drawings are awesome, but I can't really tell where you ordered them from, can you please oblige?
Thanks,
Paul
Old 02-08-2021, 04:47 PM   #28
par

Quote:
Originally Posted by par View Post
I just happened to stumble on this thread, I have also broken some pins a few years ago. I called Redwood and they accommodated me, but I'm afraid those days are over. I also need to support your argument about Lippert, they have been exceptional with me over the years!
The drawings are awesome, but I can't really tell where you ordered them from, can you please oblige?
Thanks,
Paul
Ooooops, sorry I should have read the entire thread!!!
Old 02-08-2021, 04:50 PM   #29

No problem.
csg11 is offline   Reply With Quote