Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2021, 05:24 AM   #1

Bedroom slide seal

2017 38 RL bedroom slide wiper seal how do you replace? Looks to me a straight seal but looks to be pinched by a a flat piece of aluminum rivot on . Not sure if it would slide out or is there a better option to resell?
Sczanchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:51 PM   #2

I'm looking at doing it as well. Have it in the shop right now replacing the disc brake pads and had a tech look at it. He couldn't figure it out (he only has 25 years experience) so I'm also looking for help. Thinking I might have to pull the outer bulb seal and see if I can access the wiper seal by removing the metal strip?
Old 09-30-2021, 12:11 AM   #3

I've found the wiper seal; Norco Rv R 854056. Sold on Amazon for ~$98. it "clips into the groove and is somewhat easy to remove. Haven't put the new wiper seal back in yet, still waiting for it to arrive but hopefully not a big issue.

Norco RV 1-1/2" Slide-Out Wiper Seal (Clip-On) (This Seal is Sold per 25' slideout Seal) R854056
Old 10-02-2021, 05:07 PM   #4

It is very easy to replace the Norco wipers. If you look closely at the top and bottom of the wiper there is an aluminum track that wiper slides into. It is pinched together at the top and bottom. Using a screw driver to open the track slightly the existing wiper can be pulled down and out of the track. The new one will slide in the track and you just pull it up to the top and using a screw driver and hammer pinch it in place. Then trim the bottom and pinch it in place. It will slide easier if you put some soapy water on the track and wiper to slide it in. Once you look at the new wiper it will make more sense. Nothing needs to be removed or unscrewed to replace these which is real nice.
Old 10-07-2021, 03:07 AM   #5

I want to thank everyone here the information I get from this forum makes life easy. Thanks Talisker and Cheezy1 you guys where bang on bedroom seal was too easy thanks again.
Sczanchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:27 PM   #6

I have replaced the seal at the back of the bedroom slide, inside and out, but how do you get to the inside seal at the front of the bedroom slide? It almost looks like you have to take off that part of the closet door off to reach it. I also have a 38 rl.
Greg C. is offline   Reply With Quote