Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2020, 03:28 AM   #1

Bedroom Slide

Hello all I am new to this sight but not new to 5th wheels. We recently purchased a 2020 3401RL. While making the bed I noted that the facia lacks about 2 inches from sealing at the wall. Took the trailer in for a few cosmetic items and asked my dealer to look at it for adjustment. They called Redwood and was advised that it was not designed to go to the wall. Do any of you guys with my same model have the same gap between the wall and facia. Seems extremely odd to me that the wall and slide do not seal. They said there are two other seals besides the wiper seal. Just curious if they are blowing me off or if all 3401RLs are the same way. Thanks.
Knighton91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:08 PM   #2

I have to assume that you have the BAL Accuslide Cable Slide System on your Bedroom. With the steel frame of that slide mech it will not fit tight against the walls on the sides or top, so yes there is some space, but it is sealed between the slide frame and RW wall.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:25 PM   #3

I do have a cable slide system. Just seemed odd that the slide does not seal against the wall. Thank you for your reply and confirmation of the factory response.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:47 PM   #4

Bedroom slide in aslide

We have a 38GK Redwood fifth wheel and having problems with the bedroom slides. This is a slide in a slide, the little slide will not go out. Has anybody else had any problems. Need help!
Al8723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:55 AM   #5

I had the exact same problem on my 2015 38gk, - it was the extend/retract momentary switch in the control panel. They are cheaply made and the extend side of the switch stopped working. The KIB switch can be purchased for $6.75. Hope your fix is that simple, although getting the old switch out was difficult since it was glued in.
Ezyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 03:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighton91 View Post
I do have a cable slide system. Just seemed odd that the slide does not seal against the wall. Thank you for your reply and confirmation of the factory response.
I know your last post was a week ago and you have probably moved on but here is a video of what is behind the trim pieces.

You can see why it appears the slide is not all the way out. Your slide is still sealed against the outside wall, just not at the trim pieces.

What really surprises me about your post is the dealer didn't know this.
drj564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 01:41 AM   #7

New 2020 3401rl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighton91 View Post
Hello all I am new to this sight but not new to 5th wheels. We recently purchased a 2020 3401RL. While making the bed I noted that the facia lacks about 2 inches from sealing at the wall. Took the trailer in for a few cosmetic items and asked my dealer to look at it for adjustment. They called Redwood and was advised that it was not designed to go to the wall. Do any of you guys with my same model have the same gap between the wall and facia. Seems extremely odd to me that the wall and slide do not seal. They said there are two other seals besides the wiper seal. Just curious if they are blowing me off or if all 3401RLs are the same way. Thanks.
we are getting ready to order our new 3401rl, can you tell me anything that your not happy with on your new 3401rl?
AKBugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:23 AM   #8

Sent you a private message.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:30 AM   #9

Thank you so much for your reply and the video. My dealer did check this out with the factory folks and they said what I have since found out from the replies on the forum. Thanks to all of you.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:41 AM   #10

Advise for folks with Schwintek slides:
When we bought our motorhome, the tech that did our final walkthrough with went over the slides very thoroughly. He recommended going to Schwintek's site and printing out the reset procedure and keeping that with the rest of the coache's paperwork. He then suggested watching the YouTube videos, particularly the ones done by the factory on the operation and maintenance of them. I have seen some really bad maintenance suggestions offered online and go against what the factory says. One in particular is lubing the mechanism. They are very specific about where to lube, and what to use. One other important thing to do to keep the motors synchronized is to listen to the slides in operation both ways, and to hold the button down for about four seconds after the slides stop in each direction. This will keep the motors synchronized. I have followed these directions for years now, and have had zero issues with our Schwintek slides.
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote