Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2022, 11:12 PM   #1

Bathroom water leak

My husband and I have a RW3901WB 2019 Redwood. We have a leak in the bathroom. The water pools to the front of the rv where the double sinks are, closest to the closet. There is water underneath the vanity too, we have to keep towels under there until we can locate the leak. We also found water when we took the safe out of the floor of the closet, insulation is wet also. We have a pole barn 60 foot cover over it year round, no rain gets on the rv, so we know it must be coming from inside somewhere. We do not and have never had a washer dryer unit until he rv, but the closet where it can be installed we use as a storage closet. My husband took the panel off, the panel the butts up to the shower, we ran the shower and saw no leaks. There is no visible water on the main part of the bathroom floor, it seems to be coming from under the vanity. We have tried in vain to find the leak and cannot find it. Anyone else experience this issue? Thanks for any help/suggestions. Shellie Neuman
ShellieN is online now Report Post
ShellieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 10:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellieN View Post
My husband and I have a RW3901WB 2019 Redwood. We have a leak in the bathroom. The water pools to the front of the rv where the double sinks are, closest to the closet. There is water underneath the vanity too, we have to keep towels under there until we can locate the leak. We also found water when we took the safe out of the floor of the closet, insulation is wet also. We have a pole barn 60 foot cover over it year round, no rain gets on the rv, so we know it must be coming from inside somewhere. We do not and have never had a washer dryer unit until he rv, but the closet where it can be installed we use as a storage closet. My husband took the panel off, the panel the butts up to the shower, we ran the shower and saw no leaks. There is no visible water on the main part of the bathroom floor, it seems to be coming from under the vanity. We have tried in vain to find the leak and cannot find it. Anyone else experience this issue? Thanks for any help/suggestions. Shellie Neuman
ShellieN is online now Report Post

I would start by taking down any ceiling material in the basement to expose any and all fresh water and drain pipes. By looking at the floor plan, I don't see where a water line would be moving with a slide so it's got to be a fitting that has come loose. Do you hear the pump cycling on and off? if not then it's going to be a drain line.

good luck
Old 02-12-2022, 06:52 PM   #3
Site Team

You said bathroom. I would check the backflow preventer valve up under one of the sinks that is on the line for the tank back flushing system. Known to leak.