Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2018, 05:08 PM   #1

Bathroom skylight.

Just an idea search, have tried over the years foam cut to size, which works for a while before foam starts to sag.
Thinking a piece of vinyl, as water would not affect this if left up by accident, maybe securing with Velcro, as this would allow removal and replacement.
Anyone have any ideas?
Trying to solve before daylight savings time begins.
Jeff&Karen39MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 05:53 PM   #2

i put a piece of that reflective bubble wrap foil faced stuff for windows in there in , cuz of night shift work it kinda molded in there with some creative scizzer work and tape

k
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 06:23 PM   #3

The bubble wrap foil is what I used that was made for a door window. Installed cap snaps on the wrap and took out 4 screws on the trim molding. Put back 4 screw snaps. No at night all I have to do is snap the cover on.
wwillie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:06 PM   #4

Take down the inside part, get a windshield sunblocker cut to size and reinstall the inside portion you removed. Mine has been up for 3 years now and has outlasted the Florida sun so far..
skipperr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #5

[QUOTE=Jeff&Karen39MB;81699]Just an idea search, have tried over the years foam cut to size, which works for a while before foam starts to sag.

My wife rigged a rectangular opaque black cloth place mat, slightly larger then the vent frame. It attaches with 6 velcro stripes attached to vent frame. Excellent black-out curtain.
If you want an insulation R-factor try the Camco RV Vent Insulator and skylight cover with or without reflective surface, fits standard 14" RV vents.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:53 AM   #6

bath rm skylight

So last fall I noticed a crack in the outside dome , knowing winter was just around the corner and Its now too cold for sealer to cure I just put a temp sealer patch over the crack and called it good until spring. I order up the correct smoked dome from one of the many vender and replaced the outside clear cap with a deep tinted cap. This is done in a effort to keep the sun light out and line of site into the bath room. We stayed at a state park in western NY that had some sites on a hill above us and felt like we needed window shades for the bath rm. So back the skylight , I added three layers of self sticking bubble rap to the inside dome to help with heat loss and block more sun light. By doing all this we still don't need the lights on in the day in the bath room and its impossible to see in from the outside. I used some clear packing tape off to the side to hold the bubble rap in place out side of the viewable areas figuring the adhesives at some point may not hold. I did help with keeping the bath rm almost the same temp as the bed rm with the AC vents closed in the bath rm.