Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2014, 12:33 AM   #1
Site Team

Basement Storage ??

I'm getting ready to pull all the assorted "stuff" out of my basement (36RL) and come up with a way to organize it better.
I'm thinking of fabricating some sort of rack system to store plastic tubs and also to keep the grill and ladder from killing each other.

I'd be really interested in seeing pictures of any storage set-ups that anyone might like to share.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:05 AM   #2

I don't have pictures, but what I did (actually in the trailer before the Redwood the first time) is buy one of the plastic multi- shelf storage racks that just fit together. I took a shelf with legs and set it against the basement wall. I than used some plastic straps to fasten the two legs against the wall to it. This makes a nice shelf that you can put stuff under and on top of it. You can put several together or put them in separately or configure as necessary to fit your need. I also put one in the front storage and it makes additional storage.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:08 AM   #3
Site Team

Thanks Roger !! I hadn't thought of using one of those. Cutting the legs if needed to get the right shelf height would be easy. And I even have a "spare" one in the garage

See you at the Rally

Vaughan
Old 05-02-2014, 02:46 AM   #4
Site Team

Hopefully, I'll have time to get mine done someday soon and if so I'll post pictures. I had my basement all torn apart and getting ready to start the project when all hell broke loose with one of the magazines. I had to throw it all back together and hit the road. Things have cooled a little but still not back to normal yet. Hopefully within a few weeks I'll be able to play with it.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #5

Welcome back Dave hope all goes smoothly.