Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2018, 07:14 PM   #1

Awning

Hello All. I have a Question if anybody can help me out, we live in our camper full time, put out my second awning this morning and as it was going out it stopped before it got all the way extened, checked the fuse panel and fuse is good, the circuit panel is a panel with red lights that light up if it has a circuit issue, and all is good, i pulled out the awning switch and have 2 rows if spade terminals on the back of the switch like its connected to another switch, i have 2 awnings and the one over the door works fine. any idea's?????? i was going to put a test light on the 2 wires out at the awning to see if it lights up when i press the toggle switch but i have to have another person ok any suggestions Guys??
2017Redwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:40 PM   #2

Don't know what year or model your RW is, but my '13 FB has switches for both awnings in the basement which is most likely where a pair of those wires are or were to go.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:22 PM   #3

Awning

Mine is a 38RL and i have a cabinet to the right of the entry door, all my electrical stuff is in this closet switches, breaker box fuses
Old 05-22-2018, 09:48 PM   #4

Like Danny said, our older Redwoods have awning switches both in the entry cabinet and in the curb side basement door, on the aft wall close to the Dirt Devil vacuum unit mounting. Let me warn you, those "red" blown fuse lights (they are LED's) don't always light up when fuses are blown.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:05 PM   #5

When you pulled the switch, did you carefully pull on the wires in the wall? I had an issue and found an In-Line fuse on the wires below the switch.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:48 PM   #6

switch

no the wires came out of the cabinet with ease, it had plenty of wires, i operated the awning by pulling the awning plug out of the outside wall plug and ran two wires to it from the battery voltage off the circuit box and it works fine, may have a wire somewhere bad.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:23 PM   #7

We have a 36RL 2017, shortly after receiving the trailer we had the rear awning stop working. It was totally out and would not retract. After checking all of electrical I removed the plastic cover on the awning motor, I had my wife hold the electrical switch and at the same time rapped the motor with a screwdriver handle and the motor came to life. We retracted the awning and did not use it on the remainder of the trip, the motor was replaced at the dealer.

On the next trip our front awning was damaged when the adhesive strip inside the housing that secures the LED wiring stuck to the awning tube when I tried to open it. I found the wire broke off in the hem of the awning and also tore the awning, it is in the shop now waiting for a new awning. Check both of your awnings and make sure the tape is secure.