Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #1

When bringing your RV in for repairs how long did it take? Dealer or Factory.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:42 PM   #2

Most of the time my dealer takes two weeks on warranty items and minor repairs. We had the roof replaced six months ago and it took five weeks. It's frustrating to me because once I drop it off for repair, there is no communication from the dealer. I have to constantly call and ask for a progress report. I consider myself a patient person but an occasional call to update the customer would be really nice! Furthermore, I have trouble trusting some of their so called "Techs". Most of them are minimum wage kids who know less than I do about the unit.

I've never been to the factory for repairs but would use them if it wasn't an 1500 mile drive.

Sorry to sound like a rave here but I get worked up when discussing repairs. I try to do them myself. Some I just can't.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #3

I brought mine in on June 3rd for a few things that needed repaired, just called after two weeks and it will be a week they said just to get a bay. Kind of like the waiting room and exam room at the doctor office.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #4

If you are a Route 66 member and go to a participating dealer, they put you at the head of the line for service work. I've used it twice and they took me right away.
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #5

Problem I have is there is only one Redwood dealer in all of Louisiana. I bought a 5 year extended maintenance plan with Good Sam's that is in effect now. However the few maintenance items I need repaired is warranty. I have a Camping World by me but don't know if Redwood would approve.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #6

Time to relax and down a few. Give Crossroads service center a call tomorrow and see if you can use Camping World. If not, you've already covered yourself with the extended service plan. Good luck. Vic
Adamsvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #7

I hear you, this kills all hope of getting the wife to go full time. What do you do in this case out on the road, the reason we got it was to stay out of bedbug infested hotels. I have a 5 bedroom 3 and a half bath home so it really doesn 't matter.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
Problem I have is there is only one Redwood dealer in all of Louisiana. I bought a 5 year extended maintenance plan with Good Sam's that is in effect now. However the few maintenance items I need repaired is warranty. I have a Camping World by me but don't know if Redwood would approve.

They should be ok with Camping World because they sell Redwood. The Camping World of Messa AZ is a dealer.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa
Most of the time my dealer takes two weeks on warranty items and minor repairs.Â* We had the roof replaced six months ago and it took five weeks.Â* It's frustrating to me because once I drop it off for repair, there is no communication from the dealer.Â* I have to constantly call and ask for a progress report.Â* I consider myself a patient person but an occasional call to update the customer would be really nice!Â* Furthermore, I have trouble trusting some of their so called "Techs".Â* Most of them are minimum wage kids who know less than I do about the unit.Â*
I've never been to the factory for repairs but would use them if it wasn't an 1500 mile drive.
Sorry to sound like a rave here but I get worked up when discussing repairs.Â* I try to do them myself.Â* Some I just can't.
Sombody could make a living by becoming a tech for Thor and traveling to campgrounds.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #10

Just got off the phone with Bill Hodges and Leonard of Crossroads and found out that Camping World and Berryland RV in Hammond are both approved and Blanchard's Trailer in Baton Rouge as well. Going to pick it up tomorrow morning and bringing else where after the 4th of July. I need a back glass that is fogging changed and they said it will be three weeks once ordered. Good deal. Happy, Happy, Happy
Old 06-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Ginny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa
Most of the time my dealer takes two weeks on warranty items and minor repairs.Â* We had the roof replaced six months ago and it took five weeks.Â* It's frustrating to me because once I drop it off for repair, there is no communication from the dealer.Â* I have to constantly call and ask for a progress report.Â* I consider myself a patient person but an occasional call to update the customer would be really nice!Â* Furthermore, I have trouble trusting some of their so called "Techs".Â* Most of them are minimum wage kids who know less than I do about the unit.Â*
Sorry to sound like a rave here but I get worked up when discussing repairs.Â* I try to do them myself.Â* Some I just can't.
Sombody could make a living by becoming a tech for Thor and traveling to campgrounds.
Hmmm...
Oh...I forgot the five kids.
spindrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #12

Not, I'm not starting a career, I'm ended one.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #13

Amen.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #14

I came to the conclusion that there are no fulltime coaches, soon or later you will have to leave it for periods of time. Home Sweet Home
Now I have a home, mother in law suite and a camper. Who said you can't have your cake and eat it too.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #15

LOL, just remember, don't leave her behind. DW Just retired today @ 5:30 PM, ON the road Monday, well almost 22 miles to park for 4 days, make sure all new purchases work.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy
Not, I'm not starting a career, I'm ended one.
I've thought about opening a 55+ Rv community in the Midwest. So the folks flocking from Arizona would have a place to go in the summer.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #17

We found out today that our coach is sick and will most likely spend a month in the RV hospital at Explore USA, Canton, TX. It will need a new roof and much more. Waiting now to hear back from RW what they would like to do next.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper
We found out today that our coach is sick and will most likely spend a month in the RV hospital at Explore USA, Canton, TX.Â* It will need a new roof and much more.Â* Waiting now to hear back from RW what they would like to do next.
Oh no! What happened?
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #19

Not sure as we have only pulled the coach to Kansas once and the rest of the times was to service between San Antonio and Canton. We are working with staff members to get us into a new 36RE. We understand things happen and plan on staying in a RW. We bought this in Feb, 2012 and want to be in it until we are through full-timing or can not travel any more. We have gone from popups to Class A. This is our third 5er and is our ultimate choice to full-time in. I can't begin to say enough about this forum and the internal support it gives.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Camper
Not sure as we have only pulled the coach to Kansas once and the rest of the times was to service between San Antonio and Canton. We are working with staff members to get us into a new 36RE. We understand things happen and plan on staying in a RW. We bought this in Feb, 2012 and want to be in it until we are through full-timing or can not travel any more. We have gone from popups to Class A. This is our third 5er and is our ultimate choice to full-time in. I can't begin to say enough about this forum and the internal support it gives.

....and a few laughs from time to time. Sorry to hear about your repairs. Keep up your positiveattitude!!
2013 36 RL
subdoc4 is offline   Reply With Quote