Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2022, 04:05 AM   #1

Automatic slide outs???

So I was thinking how great it is to have the automatic leveling system. So why not an automatic slide out system? With all the technology out there you would think an automatic slide out system would be available. Push a button all the slides go out; push another button all the slides come back in. Some may say it's a safety issue. OK I get that, but again, with the technology there could be a pressure sensor in the system so if it senses resistance it would stop. No, I am not that lazy to hold a button, just curious why something like this is not out there yet.
This may already be available, but I didn't find anything on it when I looked.
Just a thought
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 05:39 PM   #2

Automatic slides

I don’t know about everyone else but my auto level hardly ever works right. The dealership replaced the module when new in 2019 and still have problems with it. Usually end up leveling myself.
buckphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 01:25 AM   #3

Same here. Board replaced not under warranty, but still wouldn't one button auto level, so I just do it manually, front then back until all 4 are down and lift if necessary, then whatever side needs it and I'm done, really super simple so it doesn't bother me much
robkathybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 04:06 AM   #4

Have you ever recalibrated the system?
It's a simple process, I did it about 3 times in the 6+ years of ownership.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 12:39 PM   #5

Install a toggle switch in the power feed to the system.Shut it off after you level and after you connect to your truck.
Andover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 02:58 PM   #6

Chances are if the Auto Level function isn't working, you probably have a bad sensor.
Ours worked great for a long time, then stopped auto leveling, manual worked fine so that's with I was doing. At the Rally a few years ago talked to the Lippert Guys and they came to our unit. They started at the front, changed the breaker and worked their way back. Ended up that the rear sensor went bad. They replaced it and the system has been flawless since.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 04:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andover View Post
Install a toggle switch in the power feed to the system.Shut it off after you level and after you connect to your truck.
Curious?
What does this have to do with leveling? All that would do is kill power to the hydraulic pump.
Also the control panel for the level up system has a power button on it that will do the same as an added toggle switch.
As mentioned, if the system works manually the pump is apparently is working properly so either the sensors are faulty or have fallen or it needs recalibrated
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 10:43 AM   #8

I have Big foot leveling system on mine, after replacing the control unit several times they discovered by shutting off the power completely that that would fix the problem and it did.I know it is not Lippert but they use the same control panel.
Andover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 10:35 PM   #9

I have re calibrated a few times, but not in a while. I know it's calibrated because every spring I use the lights and front to back and sided to side zero out to manually level it and go inside and check with a level. So it appears all the sensors and calibration are correct. Don't want to pay for a new board if all it takes is to read the screen to level it manually.
robkathybat is offline   Reply With Quote