Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #1

Auto leveling error

Don't know if I should be alarmed or not but just got this thing back home from vacation to empty it out and when I tried to auto level it went thru it's sequence and 8 minutes later everything ground to a halt and you can here the hydraulic pistons tone to a low growl and get a out of stroke error on the screen then it come back saying auto level success then everything flashes and then out if stroke error. First time I seen this how about you all
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
DLRAKOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #2

Out of stroke means it can't level and you need to put pads under it to allow for the pistons to have enough stroke to level it. I.E I can't level in front of my house without pads.

If you were able to level before in that spot but not now, then something is wrong.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #3

Yeah I figured that's what is going on. I have leveled here a couple of times now and pistons are only 13 inches out in the rear and more in ither places. Thanxs
David and Beth with our sidekick red heeler Queso the "big cheese". 2016 38GK with double unagaurd awnings with led lights and trailair air tri-glide pin box 8K axles with Linc System. 2012 Ram 3500 4x4 crew cab Laramie LWB Edge Juice with attitude with B&W 20k companion hitch.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #4

David and Beth,

Brad is correct, if you get the Out of Stroke error message it's a good indication that you've exceeded the capacity on at least one of the stabilizers, take a look to see which jack[s] might be too high off the ground and add pads.

These LevelUp systems seem to have a mind of their own, I've had instances where they do odd things, give me odd messages, etc. So far I've just raised the rear jacks to the stowed position and hit the Auto Level button a second time and so far they have leveled. Cant explain it...it's just "FM"
Old 09-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #5

Yeah I tried mine 3 times and 3rd was the charm The 2nd one only had the middle pistons pertrude out half ways to the ground and gave me another out if stroke messege. I'll let redwood beat it into submission when I get it there this week for my list of issues including this one. Thanxs to all
Old 09-09-2014, 10:15 PM   #6

While you may be out of stroke, I've had a similar growling noise if the redwood has been sitting for a while and I haven't lubed the legs as is mentioned somewhere in the manual. I find that putting the system in manual and exercising the offending leg(s) up and down helps. when moving the RV every day or two on the road I don't get the problem.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:49 PM   #7

Just be careful in the sub freezing weather. I had to move mine in -7 and the one piston didn't like it at all - and leaked oil the rest of the winter. By summer it sealed itself back up.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote