Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2019, 11:43 PM   #1

Auto level lifting tires off the ground, is this normal?

We will be parked in this spot for the next 8 to 12 months watching our home being built. There is a slope to the land and when I activated the auto level routine yesterday it leveled it fine but now the starboard side tires are off the ground, any issues with this position?

Thank
Barry
bbusbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 04:42 AM   #2

Personally I don't think it would hurt anything, the system is designed to lift much more than the weight of your RW, but I would add some blocks under those wheels just for good measure. Just use the level system in manual mode to raise that side a bit more to put some blocks under then lower it.
Mine sat for 4 days on the system without any tires/wheels waiting on brake parts shipment, but for 8-12 months I'd feel more comfortable with something under them.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 02:07 PM   #3

Shouldn't be a problem at all. Whenever mine did that, I used the opportunity to grease the shackle bolts and sometimes I pulled a wheel to check things.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:21 PM   #4
par

I have been told several times that the wheels should not come off the ground and wondered why. At one point I replaced the equalizers on my suspension and while playing with the leveling system managed to have the shackles 'flip over'. In other words instead of pointing up, they were pointing down. This to me this explained why we are recommended to ensure the wheels do no leave the ground. At that point I had to take the shackles off and set them right. If you are aware of this potential issue, having the wheels off the ground should NOT be an issue as long as you ensure the shackles don't flip.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by par View Post
I have been told several times that the wheels should not come off the ground and wondered why. At one point I replaced the equalizers on my suspension and while playing with the leveling system managed to have the shackles 'flip over'. In other words instead of pointing up, they were pointing down. This to me this explained why we are recommended to ensure the wheels do no leave the ground. At that point I had to take the shackles off and set them right. If you are aware of this potential issue, having the wheels off the ground should NOT be an issue as long as you ensure the shackles don't flip.
I added a MoRyde Independent Suspension. I know nothing about the undercarrage im my RW! Would the IS have problems with Wheels-off-the-ground?
2015 38RL with MORryde IS, residential fridge, DW, washer and dryer, generator, and slide in slide. 2 A/C, 1 HP and a fireplace. Added 17.5 inch wheels. Follows a 2013 Ram dually diesel with 8' bed and Reese 20K.
RW Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
par

I have heard of the MoRyde suspension, but sorry I don't know anything about it. The issue I posted was something I experienced and just wanted to share it.
Old 06-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by par View Post
They'll flip back on their own, with a very loud bang, you wouldn't need to remove them. You can also flip them by just raising to change a flat, so not uncommon.
We discovered with ours that once unhitched & hit auto it leveled from that nose position, yes it dropped the nose then started leveling, but if once unhitched if we lowered the front 6-8" then started the auto it tended to level at a lower position. You'll lose the hitch memory, but it never was real accurate on ours any way.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:16 PM   #8

Wheels off the ground

The levelers are designed to level the trailer and the wheels may or may not come off of the ground depending on the terrain. I have used the levelers to raise the unit to replace tires with no problem at all.

Retired and happy
Mike & Lizzy
2013 36FB Black & Silver w/ 2018 F350 Lariat LWB DRW Powerstroke
mjdcwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires