Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2016, 03:38 PM   #1

Attention my good friends

So I got a phone call this morning from work my new work location will be Kershaw SC. This is a 2000mile pull for me. Never pulled a trailer this far. I be traveling east on i80 then dropping south to 40 over Wyoming Nebraska Missouri Illinios Tennesse and south Caroline I never been on the east side passed Wyoming if you could send me contact information in case of a emergency if you are in any of those areas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Kaidocl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:13 PM   #2

Have a safe trip, hope everything goes well
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:51 PM   #3

I sent you a PM with contact info.
PsychoBob65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:22 PM   #4

Thanks for all the pm's like I said we do not have any contact of people on the east side and I know lots of fultimers are out that way. Again thank you.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:03 AM   #5

First 560 miles complete no issues so far besides small adjustments on slides when I got here. Beautiful little town Gothenburg Nebraska camp is going under water from river but for 1 night and lots of trees and grass and frogs jumping around can't beat it.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:24 AM   #6

Hope all goes well on your move! Give us updates along the way and also if you find very nice big rig friendly campgrounds.

Steve
Old 05-27-2016, 02:42 AM   #7

Today it was a different story started the morning with flipped shackles and not big enough jack or ground clearance to flips them back myself, so 6 miles on country road found a small farming equipment and dealership very friendly folks $15 bucks to help me out and flip them back plus check all tired etc... Kept on going over Nebraska to Iowa dropped down torwards st. Joseph that's about 1 hr from Kansas City, that's when hell out the sky broke loose! Lightning hitting the hole way seen few strikes no Further then 300ft crosswinds of probably 45+ visibility of 20ft took cover for 30 min under a overpass with a few other people. Now stuck here with tornado warnings. So I found a hotel dropped all 6 jacks and left the RW hooked to truck in parking lot hoping for the best. Hope to continue in the morning under just few T-storms.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:52 AM   #8

Very Scary so good luck!
We were in NashvilleTennessee many years ago with the MH at a Jellystone park and the storms came in. Winds were enough to lift us off the jacks a few times.

Steve
Old 05-28-2016, 01:33 AM   #9

Not so lucky today! Day 3 of traveling the country !
We left st. Joseph drove towards the end of Missouri and I look in my rear view mirror and noticed my trailer leaning towards the right so I told the wife to look out of the window and see if we had flat tire. She looks at me and says there is only 1 wheel!!!! Pulled over and sure things hub rim tire and bearing gone! Closest place I can find is 9 miles up the road small tire shop. So used my bottle jack to lift the axel of the street. Put a chain on it and drove 9 miles at 10mph on a single wheel to this place hope to get some parts by the morning and owner of place is coming to weld a castle nut on the axel so I can make it to a bigger town. So now stranded again on okaville Illinois.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:42 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
Lorenz
If it wasn't for bad luck you would have no luck at all
Old 05-28-2016, 01:52 AM   #11

Wow, sorry for all the issues and problems, hope things get better
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:57 AM   #12

You are right! Ever since we got our RW nothing has worked as planned !! Our last SoB was ugly but sure don't remember doing anything besides a furnace and replace 1 slide out motor. I need to upgrade to 17.5 and timken bearings
Old 05-28-2016, 02:39 AM   #13

So sorry for the mess your in. Wish I was closer to help out!!
Have you or a dealer had the drums off for bearing service or is this another QC issue from RW?

Steve
Char & Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:05 AM   #14

So I think after all the problems come from the shi*** t hol***e place I end up staying for work I took this Hub apart last summer and had local stores check the bearing and brake pads and the all said it was ok! I think it's time to abandon the beast at a service center now! The only problem is that everyone in 3 states is booked for weeks. I was hoping that coming east I was going to find more dealers and better service . People are friendly I'm currently staying in my RW outside the tire shop the even gave me a water hook up and a house outlet to plug in so I can at least warm up the milk for the little guy. The dogs are feeling lost and have no idea what's going on the been riding the RW this entire way and done awesome. I just hope I can make it to South Carolina in one trip when I get this mess fixed. Then I can start all over again does anyone here know how much for a new 7k axel? It's going to need replacement. I figure I can send RW to a service center and rent a apartment even if I need to ship it to manufacture would be worth it.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #15
Site Team

There are probably other places, but the thought that comes to mind if I was in your situation would be to call the Service Dept at MorRyde first thin on Tuesday. Every day they pull perfectly good 7&8k complete axles with brake assemblies off trailers when they put the IS on. I know in our case, the axles and brakes only had about 3k miles on them and they were just added to the pile.

You might be able to buy 2 axles assemblies pretty cheap and then even drive over with a haul trailer to get them. Not sure how far, but if you're in Illinois it can't be more than a 3-4 hour trip each way.

If MorRyde can't help, I'm sure they could send you somewhere in Elkhart to another source.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:30 PM   #16

So as far as I can see all I need to do is find new or used axel drop the suspension and loosen the U bolts is that correct ? and I should be able to replace the axel. I guess im also looking for a stock wheel lol thanks for everyone's help not very good internet service in this corn field.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:41 PM   #17
Site Team

You might also want to give the Service Center at Redwood a call and explain your problem. I would think Randy or one of the others would also be able to direct you to a source for an axle assembly and a wheel and tire.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:48 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaidocl View Post
Today it was a different story started the morning with flipped shackles and not big enough jack or ground clearance to flips them back myself, so 6 miles on country road found a small farming equipment and dealership very friendly folks $15 bucks to help me out and flip them back plus check all tired etc... Kept on going over Nebraska to Iowa dropped down torwards st. Joseph that's about 1 hr from Kansas City, that's when hell out the sky broke loose! Lightning hitting the hole way seen few strikes no Further then 300ft crosswinds of probably 45+ visibility of 20ft took cover for 30 min under a overpass with a few other people. Now stuck here with tornado warnings. So I found a hotel dropped all 6 jacks and left the RW hooked to truck in parking lot hoping for the best. Hope to continue in the morning under just few T-storms.

How did the shackles flip?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2016, 11:49 PM   #19

Not sure how the flipped besides the RW picking it self up to high on auto level. Today must be a sunny day !!! They got me rolling from the tire shop. The people there were so helpful fixed me up with a new drum assembly took the brakes out ( still need to replace) and we kept going east ! We just arrived at Crossville Tennessee Rv park got a spot at the most beatiful park (Spring Lake RV Park) I have ever been too lots of nice big rigs here, a pond in the in the middle and lots of grass. It almost seems like my RW fits here ! I'm sure lots of you had this experience of being in a nice place, only second time for us! Only 400 miles to go tomorrow and we are done for few months
Old 05-29-2016, 12:13 AM   #20

Well I guess you ended a long running debate.... your SRW 2500 literally pulled the wheels off your RW. Enjoy your last 400 miles.

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
superduty glampers is offline   Reply With Quote