Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2015, 03:14 PM   #1

articulating swivel exterior tv mount

Well , I went and swapped out the standard TV mount for the MOR/RYDE TV1021H 24-0121 Double swing arm. It was an easy swap as long as you pay attention to the center points of the exterior cabinet and the TV. By the way , I ordered it from Makarios RV and had in in a few days..

While doing the swap , I realized that there are 2 rather LARGE holes in the cabinet that go directly into the kitchen table cabinets. Now I know why my family was complaining that they could hear the outside TV inside while inside...
AND there was a fair amount of cool interior air coming out those 2 holes... So I went and picked up a 1" piece of sheet insulation , cut it to size ant used double sided tape to stick it to.. after doing that , I purchased 2 sheets of 1" thick X 26" square ,adhesive backed eggshell noise foam.. I cut that and placed it over the insulation... NOW that area is not only keeping the sound from going in ,it keeps the hot air OUT of the RV...
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote