Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #1

Area for a printer

I have a 36RL and wish it had a logical place to put a printer that is easy to get to and use. Any suggestions?
gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:13 PM   #2

0624150958a.jpgHere is our option, but we lost the fireplace! Usually we avoid cold areas so we felt this was better use of space than the fireplace.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:31 PM   #3

Oh no, Danny! No more fireplace??

We put ours on the top shelf about the TV. Now if only we could figure out how to ge the wifi print to work......
Old 08-18-2015, 05:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Guy's Gal View Post

We put ours on the top shelf about the TV. Now if only we could figure out how to ge the wifi print to work......
Setting up a wifi network next week. Will allow all our devices to connect to the router and then print wireless. I'm getting a omni directional antenna to try to get some rv park wifi better. It will all run through the router. Won't be any more bandwidth but maybe grab the signal better. A friend who is way smarter than me is getting the parts for me. Going to bench test this next week when I go home for a little vacation. I'll report back how it works .
azandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by azandy View Post
Setting up a wifi network next week. Will allow all our devices to connect to the router and then print wireless. I'm getting a omni directional antenna to try to get some rv park wifi better. It will all run through the router. Won't be any more bandwidth but maybe grab the signal better. A friend who is way smarter than me is getting the parts for me. Going to bench test this next week when I go home for a little vacation. I'll report back how it works .
Please do let us know how it works. Vaughan has been pretty frustrated trying to figure ours out.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:53 PM   #6

Yea Tracy, no fireplace, bet it's the only RW out there without one. Honestly with the heat pump we haven't missed it other than it looked strange without for a while.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Guy's Gal View Post

That's funny... we struggled with the WIFI too-I almost committed a felony after working on it too long. FRUSTRATING. Thankfully we don't print so much any more, and trying to keep it to a minimum. Trying to keep things in perspective!! LOL!

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:43 PM   #8

we also have a 36RL. I have a wireless router in the RV and I put the printer (an HP photo-smart all-in-one) on the top shelf of the pantry. I run the cord down to the outlet in the middle, the coffee maker also plugs there.

I configure the wireless printer before I put it up there (requires a USB cable from the laptop when I move it from our home network) and I need a small step stool to replace the paper or do scans when using it. It's the only area wide (deep) enough for the HP. If you have a compact printer there are other options.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:40 PM   #9

Our printer is in the top shelf cabinet to the left of the TV.
We use a WiFi Repeater unit with an external antenna mounted on the ladder and it also doubles as a router for both laptops, smart phone, tablet, Kindle, and wireless printer. The other nice thing about it is another layer of security, especially when on open park networks.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:49 AM   #10

Our printer is on one of the shelves in the Diva closet. Our air card functions as our router and we can print from both of our computers.
Elliott & Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
Our printer is in the top shelf cabinet to the left of the TV.
We use a WiFi Repeater unit with an external antenna mounted on the ladder and it also doubles as a router for both laptops, smart phone, tablet, Kindle, and wireless printer. The other nice thing about it is another layer of security, especially when on open park networks.
Ah yes, the upper left cabinet by the TV. That's where we kept our wine rack. With wine. 5 whites; 1 red. 5 survived THAT turn. 1 did not. Care to guess which one? I'll give you a hint: we too had beige carpeting.

Actually, most of it came out, but it did reinforce my desire for that very nice wine cooler modification....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (242.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-19-2015, 01:35 AM   #12

Tracy I guess you better not take that road again!

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:02 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Mary View Post
Tracy I guess you better not take that road again!
I kid you not, when we discovered the scene (whichmy son said it looked like something out of Dexter), Vaughan said, "oh, I bet that happened when I took that really tight turn coming out of the campground."

But it's a testament to the IS suspension that I never felt a thing.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:08 AM   #14

Our printer is located on the middle shelf in our bedroom closet. When wireless printing I typically will use the iPhone as a hot spot for the laptop and the printer. It's not the most convenient or high speed connection, but it works when you do not have good WIFI service.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:17 AM   #15
S&K

We also have one mounted in the left cabinet above the TV in our 36FB. A few mounting pieces to keep it up high enough to load paper from the printer drawer, wifi connection, and we are set.

Sometimes, depending on the park we are at, we have to disconnect thru our wifi (and the internet) to print something out, but haven't had that happen often.

Tracy, my wine stash is not as big as yours, but always store it in the front closet. Nothing moves up there.... but it does get shaken and stirred!

2014 RW36FB
2014 F-350 CC DRW, 25K Reese, Roll-n-Loc, Rhino Liner
'Half-timer' - Full time retired, tho!
Ken & Shelley
S&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by S&K View Post

Tracy, my wine stash is not as big as yours, but always store it in the front closet. Nothing moves up there.... but it does get shaken and stirred!
That's where we keep the heavy duty bar.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:00 AM   #17
Site Team

I kept my wine above the coat closet and I had the doors bunged together so they couldn't open.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #18

Oh man, nasty stain. So far I haven't had the guts to put it in the Redwood as I haven't found a good spot, so I carry it in the truck.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 06:22 PM   #19

We have the lower right "file cabinet" drawer under the LR TV as the liquor drawer. I need to find some kind of latch for it though, because it won't stay closed. I put the sofa cushion in front of it when we tow. Anyone know of any strong drawer latches that would work on something like that? The other drawer (with our important docs in it) has the lock. I might just do that... you can never have TOO MANY KEYS on your key ring

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
RomanyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:10 PM   #20

My wife always locks the liquor cabinet
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote