Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2016, 01:28 AM   #21
Site Team

I think some of the heat is from the walls. On a hot day, I could feel heat coming off the walls on the inside. The aluminum tubes used as studs transfer both heat and cold. This is true with many different RVs
Old 09-16-2016, 04:06 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char & Steve View Post
In the high 80's so not to bad but noticed last night another AC issue. Had both running at night and we have the FL so rear bedroom. Bedroom and bath by morning were in the high 70's or into the 80's but kitchen and living were at 68 were I set it.
So not sure what's going on.
I shut off front AC and shut bathroom door for a few hours. Now the bedroom and bath were at 68 so rear AC is working.
All I can think of is a ducting issue that I can't see.
Has anyone tried to section off front and rear ducts to allow it to work more like seperate zones?
Are both units tied into both left and right ducts or do they have a designated side?

Steve
Ditto on both T'stat's on Auto/Hi. In our 36 RL we have the bedroom stat set two degrees below the main room stat when cooling. We also have a small desktop fan in the bedroom for DW (she needs white noise). We also have a tower fan in the rear corner of the RV to circulate air in the large window area. The 42" tall tower fan is small enough, in diameter, such that it fits in between the rear street side corner and the small end table. Great use for that small space and really cools that area.
2016 Silverado 3500 HD, High Country DRW diesel, 3.73 gear ratio, long bed, 25K Reese Elite removable hitch with 2013 Redwood 36RL with 17.5" H-rated tires and MOR/ryde heavy duty shackle links and bushings; 6.5 KW gen
RCAircraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:21 AM   #23

Has anyone had trouble with their air conditioners not cooling their RW? We have two but they don't seem to be putting out enough cool air. My husband put a temperature gadge in the vents. Cold air is coming out. But in an over an hour the temp inside hasn't gone down.
NewRW Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:53 AM   #24

New RW owner and AC issue

Simply go back through the post and you will see that this is a HUGE issue on the RW. There are some small things you can do to slightly improve it. If you will keep reading the post you will find several modifications that will help. It will not fix the problem but it will help. Wish there were more help I could give.
mstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:42 PM   #25

I have done a number of mods to my A/C system and improved performance quite a bit.

Added additional return vents in the ceiling and moved obstructions from return air flow around the supply ducts.

Added more supply registers on the duct lines.

Sealed the supply registers to the duct to stop the leaks into the ceiling area.

Corrected insulation in front cap area (all the insulation had fallen down)

Now my two units will keep me comfortable in my 42 Ft Redwood on a 100 degree day.

Should not had to have needed to do any of the changes but they are done and I am happy with the performance.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote