Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2012, 06:45 AM   #1

Ibelieve I have a misunderstanding about having two air conditioners. I have an 2012 36RE with two air conditioners. I was under the impresiion that the one air conditioner cooled the bedroom and bath area, while the other air conditioner cooled the main living space. That would allow me to close the bedroom door, run the bedroom air conditioner, and it would cool that area without sending air to the front. I discovered that both air conditioners will provide air to both areas. Other than providing additional air to the entire unit, which can be very beneficial in hot weather, am I missing something? Thanks.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:27 AM   #2

That is how it works, was the same on our Montana. But since you have a thermostat in the Bedroom, you should be able to set it's temp lower, close the doors and then it should cool down to the set temp. One advantage our Montana had, it had Dometic AC's with the Quick Kool feature, so you could open the dump register and put all the cold into the bedroom, but a draw back was the noise level, noisey.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #3

Depending onwhere theyare mounted on your roof you might be able to block the ducting to allow the front air to cool the bedroom and bath but if you get to a park that only has 30amp service you will not be able to run both airs at the same time.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote