Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2015, 08:37 PM   #1

Air conditioning and heating imbalance

Has anyone found a way to balance the heating and air conditioning in the RV. In my previous unit I was able to add some foam blocks to the has anyone found a way to balance the heating and air conditioning in the RV. In my previous unit I was able to add some foam blocks to the duct work to help balance the system. So first is it possible to do such a thing or is it just one big channel in the ceiling. Secondly is it possible to relocate the thermostat or add a remote sensor to it. As always I appreciate any comments or advice you have. Ian
Old 06-01-2015, 08:45 PM   #2

Not sure what you mean by balance the a/c and heating. Furnace ductwork and registers are in the floor since heat rises. The a/c's are dual ducted in the ceiling. Meaning if either 1 or both are on they will cool the unit. Moving the thermostats will leave some ugly holes in the walls. And you would have a hard time running the new thermostat wire to the new location. Don't think there is a way to add a remote sensor to your system. Not sure if your ceiling vents have damper type covers on them that you can leave all the way open in some areas and restrict air flow to other areas or not. Some SOB's do have that type of ceiling vent. Maybe your vent covers could be changed.

Chris
r time soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #3

I try to use the heat pump feature as much as possible so my concern is balancing front to rear from the ceiling. Closing individual vents is not a long term solution....Ian