Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2023, 04:39 AM   #1

4001lk

4001lk is the rear kitchen. 3rd road trip in a row since purchased and each time when we arrive to destination, the refrigerator looks like a nuclear bomb went off. So much so that most of our shelves are broke inside. I understand the weight in the rear makes it a little bouncy, but never experienced this in any other 5th wheel I’ve had. Any helpful hacks out there??
JW2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM   #2
Ren

JW,

I don't know what tow vehicle you have, but the bilstein 5100's really helped out the ride on my truck - F450. Airbags may help also, basically anything you can do to smooth that ride out on the rig as a whole.

A LOT of people are also reporting great results with the sumo springs for your 5th wheel. Again, anything to smooth the ride out as a whole.

I have not installed the sumos on our RW yet, but on our SOB the airbags and new bilsteins helped quite a bit.

Could be worse, At least your fridge is staying closed!
Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 01:38 AM   #3
Bob

It's a pretty Rig ( Made Cheaply). I have a 2021 4001lk. It's meant to be parked on site. Even then Molding fall of the wall. I call it my 100,00.00 dollar peace of crap. There is so many problems with these model's.( China Virus models.) We will hear from all the Redwood lovers, they will say how great they are. Not so much.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 03:58 PM   #4

Wow! Ours is a 2020 with over 20,000 miles on it now an still traveling strong! This rig was built pre-covid and pretty much not one issue. There are several pre-travel mods you can make to the fridge and cabinets to avoid those travel issues easily but too much to retype here so check out our Facebook "Redwood RV Owners Group" and search the 4001LK topic there ... lots of great pictures too!
webberwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 03:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW2222 View Post
4001lk is the rear kitchen. 3rd road trip in a row since purchased and each time when we arrive to destination, the refrigerator looks like a nuclear bomb went off. So much so that most of our shelves are broke inside. I understand the weight in the rear makes it a little bouncy, but never experienced this in any other 5th wheel I’ve had. Any helpful hacks out there??
That is exactly why we didn't go with that model. I wouldn't even do a rear kitchen in a model that has IS. The only thing you can do is spend a little extra time packing everything so it don't bounce around. Good luck
2015 Polaris RZR 900
danrn is offline   Reply With Quote