Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2017, 06:31 PM   #1

36RE storage wall removal;

Guys, I have a water leak underneath my bathroom, whenever I use my lavatory sink and shower as well as my washing machine I am getting water leaking out via the front under belly covering. I have closed the grey water valve and it still leaks out. This leads me to pretty much know that the water is not even getting into the holding tank. So, in order to try and access the possible source of the leaks I am going to have to try and remove the wall that is adjacent to the bathroom. Does anyone have any input on the procedure to remove the storage compartment wall? HELP PLEASE?
Old 01-13-2017, 06:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwirt74@gmail.com View Post
Guys, I have a water leak underneath my bathroom, whenever I use my lavatory sink and shower as well as my washing machine I am getting water leaking out via the front under belly covering. I have closed the grey water valve and it still leaks out. This leads me to pretty much know that the water is not even getting into the holding tank. So, in order to try and access the possible source of the leaks I am going to have to try and remove the wall that is adjacent to the bathroom. Does anyone have any input on the procedure to remove the storage compartment wall? HELP PLEASE?
First try to access as much as possible by taking down the wall in the basement which exposes a ton of the utilities both up into the upper level and down into the belly. It comes down pretty easy, you just have to feel in the felt for the screws. Next the ceiling in the basement.
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:02 PM   #3

Nelson

We have the 2013 36RL, so I'm pretty sure that our configurations are the same. The rear wall (towards the back of the coach) in the basement storage is divided into three chipboard panels covered with black fabric and secured with a number of the square head drive screws. Removal of them affords a view of the back of the electrical panel, the water heater and furnace as well as the rear of the convenience center (waste tank valve handles, etc). The only difficult part is the middle panel where the dirt devil vacuum unit is. I removed mine as I use a dyson cordless (got tired of having to get the hose and floor tool out every time). Once those 3 panels are removed (obviously you need to remove whatever is stored in here to have room), you will be able so see lots of the fresh water plumbing connections, as well as the bathroom shower and sink drain plumbing, etc. Good luck, pm me with any other questions you find.

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:56 AM   #4

I had a drain connection in bath lower ,it wasn't tight simple fix
proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 03:43 PM   #5

Tag and label wires on awning switches on bulkhead panel also. 12 wires or more and not labeled

If you can post wire scheme and color code please
Old 01-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #6

Courtesy Mike & Pam (5th Time)

Slide (inboard switch)
With "Extend" end facing you:
Left Top - double red w/white
Left Middle - single red w/white
Left Bottom - jumper from top right
Right Top - double white
Right Middle - single white
Right Bottom - jumper from top left

Jim & Mary 2013 36 RL with Titan Disc Brakes Residential Fridge Goodyear 17.5 H rated tires MORryde IS, MORryde pin box 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW
Jim & Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #7

If u get water pouring out when running washer? Flex drain line is under bed pedestal

I learned the hard way flex line had no washers under compression fitting. Factory error

Common repair update issue fix posted in tech section

Also supply line to pex kinda kinked and had plastic hose barb fittings now all brass
Old 01-18-2017, 01:53 PM   #8

Went thru all this on my 36 re also let me know if I can advise

Karl b.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:22 AM   #9

Your qustion helped me.
Bigkims1995 is offline   Reply With Quote