Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
par

Hi!
Visited an FL last week and have a few questions which hopefully you existing owners can address.
1) Is there a safe in this unit? I know the RL has one.
2) Does the FL only come with a queen size bed, in other words is a king available?
Thanks,
Paul
par is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #2

Paul,

1) This was discussed just the other day here... It appears no safe...
2) It looks like the King is an option on the spec sheet, and I found one here. They even have a picture of the bedroom with the King. Notice there are no night stands on each side like shown on the Redwood site.

HTH, Keith

KWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #3

We have a 36FL with a King Bed, and we purchased a memory foam topper, sleeps really great. Drawback, no place to put my glasses, easily fixed, will install a small shelf or something to hold my glasses.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #4

We have an FL and there is no safe and the king bed is available we optioned the queen bed.

"75 FEET OF FUN ON THE RUN"
KR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
par

I guess its a good thing, but I didn't think it would be available sincetherecan't bemuch roombetween the walls and bed. Are the underbed drawers still available?

Since you own one, how would you rate your unit and have you faced any difficulties?
Thanks!
Paul
Old 05-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by par
I guess its a good thing, but I didn't think it would be available sincetherecan't bemuch roombetween the walls and bed. Are the underbed drawers still available?

Since you own one, how would you rate your unit and have you faced any difficulties?

Thanks!

Paul
Depends on what unit and who you ask.

Lillyputz
Old 05-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
par

You are right, my mistake, just figuring out how this forum works. I thought I was responding to COLJDM about the 36 FL.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by par

I guess its a good thing, but I didn't think it would be available sinceÂ*thereÂ*can't beÂ*much roomÂ*between the walls and bed. Are the underbed drawers still available?

Â*Thanks!
Paul
I have a FL and yes the drawers are still available. We went the queen bed because it gives you more room to walk around the bed and it gives you the shelves. We would rate our FL a 10 of 10 we love it.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to RollsRoyce

par

When you respond in this forum it goes out to everyone which is great because you get soooo much more information...However if you want to direct it to someone specific just make your first line the call letters of the member you want to direct it too hit enter a couple times and then type your message then post....There is also a way to send hidden messages to only that member.
RW36FB
RollsRoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #10

To All

If you haven't checked out and FB yet you might want to give one a look.

Just had my units weighed on an over the road truck scale at QT truck stop in Burleson cost me $9.50 for weight for entire rig and $1.oo for reweigh of tow vehicle...These wer the readings for my F250 SRW and RW36FB....total rig Truck front axle with 5VER attached to tow....Front axle 4,440 lbs...Rear Axle 6,300 lbsand trailer axles 11,160 lbs for a GCWR of 21,900 Well below what I can carry....I'm only missing the weight of a few extra clothes and 200 lbs of food
RW36FB
Old 05-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #11
par

RollsRoyce

Thanks... are you saying this response only went out to you? If so I was not aware of that.
I was aware of the hidden messagesthough.
Paul
Old 05-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #12

Hi All. I just noticed that when the slides are in on the 36fl you can not get to the bath unless you use the back door. Is this the case?

Thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
par

Hi,
I don't own one, but as Imentioned earlierI was in one last week and we tried it, you are correct in that you must use the back door to get to the washroom.

Paul
Old 05-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by par
Hi,

I don't own one, but as Imentioned earlierI was in one last week and we tried it, you are correct in that you must use the back door to get to the washroom.

Paul
Thanks

Glad I have a back door. We bought one but have not seen it closed yet. Going on Thursday now to pick it up. Ended up working until Tuesday this week.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #15

par

No, this type post goes out to everyone, I believe, but because You addressed it to me in the first line that lets everyone know you are talking specifically to me but anyone is welcome to chime in unless your 2nd line of your message says something to indicate I am the only one you want to hear from. However, I am so glad when people chime in because sometimes the person you need info from may not be on line and you may need a quick answer.......ROCI, ROCI, ROCI
RW36FB
Old 05-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #16
par

Got it, thanks!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #17

If you are good at vaulting over the kitchen counter you can get there . The Bedroom is also not accessible when the slides are in.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #18

it wasn't on my Outback either unless you were really skinny, which I am not. LOL.. Some time you gotta use the bathroom when you are travelling and nothing is close except your house in back. thanks All
Old 05-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #19

We ordered our FL without the rear door soI have to use the shutoff valves to only open the kitchen slide first so that I can get to the bathroom and bedroom.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #20
Site Team

I can't get the front hatch open while I'm hooked up so I can't open just one of the valves