Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2020, 10:42 PM   #1

2021 4001lk SWITCHES

Just picked up a new unit, there are 3 switches in the front storage area under the Furrion radio. Anyone know what they are for?
Wolfyukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:43 PM   #2

If it’s the same as mine (2020 3401) it’s for the external lights (under trailer), awning lights and the power channels for the awning tracks
Nedshred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:17 PM   #3

Oh thank you! Yes, we do have the power channel in our awning. We were left a Dometic fan that slides into that channel. Thank you so much!

Lisa, Bill & Kiana (our spoiled Malamute)
2020 Chevy Silverado High Country CC DRW
2021 Redwood 4001LK "Big Blue"
ljvda1221@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 11:18 PM   #4

Thanks, The power channel is the one I could not figure out. Appreciate it! Now if I can figure out what the unmarked coax single connector is above the water Nautilus system, i will be good Manual is worthless for this stuff.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:39 PM   #5

Bob actually answered my query on the single coax in the water bay, it is a direct connect tot he plate on the roof...
Old 08-21-2020, 07:26 PM   #6

I have a 2020 4001 ... anyone able to actually use the power track on the awning? I find that since it is about 10 feet off the ground it is virtually impossible to reach with the fan they give you ... maybe there is a connection for awning lights?
webberwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:41 PM   #7

I had to use a picnic table to stand on to get the fan into the track. It is a little easier if the awning is in but not much. But the fan is noisy and you really can't feel it since it is so high off the ground. Think it is a nice idea, just like track lighting, but either need a bigger fan or just use it for lights. They also have a bluetooth speaker for the channel, but with 2 outdoor speakers already connected to the radio which is bluetooth, not sure that is a benefit to anyone. Think I would have rather had them put the money into better quality control...
Old 08-22-2020, 05:07 AM   #8

Anyone having suspension problems with a 4001LK? Everything in my rear kitchen is bouncing around, refrigerator adjustable shelving will not stay in place, stove heavy cast iron grate bounced off stove and put hole in floor covering. Shelves under counter broke, plates in cabinet broke,etc. Looking at shock absorber kit on line made by Roadmaster. Has great reviews. Any ideas,factory says they have no complaints on suspension issues.
DavidMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:06 AM   #9

We have not had any issus with things bouncing around in our 2021, but have only had it a few weeks. The shelves did come loose in the refrigerator this last trip but I think that is due to my taking it across a field a little too fast. It was really bumpy. But all other trips have had no issues. things in cabinets stay upright and no movement on the stove... only have 1500 miles on it so may not be the best case for comparison.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:16 PM   #10

Have a 2020 4001 and have zero bouncing like that!! Just put 2000+ miles on last month and did have a frig shelf come loose but never a stove grate
webberwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 03:39 PM   #11

I too have a 4001. You would think that for the money it cost, they could label things. Took me a week to find the rear gray water drain pull. Hid that sucker didn't they. Still can not find the turn off for the TV booster. Not sure what the cable connection on the back wall of the water station is for. Those 3 switches by the radio were a mystery until now. They do have labels stuck on every window, wall and appliance that I can not get off.
kart racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 12:11 PM   #12

DavidMC. We have the same problem with the rear kitchen. The plastic shelves in the refrigerator doors are all broken as well as the ones in the freezer. We have to take all the items out of the refrigerator and put them in a cooler when we travel. We also take all the shelves out and store them under the table. It's a pain in the ... This is not the right refrigerator for this RV. We have a call in to the dealership about it. We'll see what happens..
2on-2off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:42 PM   #13

From what I understand, ANY REAR KITCHEN model will have this issue, no matter the brand....

ALL that weight from the kitchen behind the rear axle is the cause with little on can do..

You can take the RV to Morryde and have the IS installed, at around $7000.00, its a hefty price, but I am sure that will solve the issue, not to mention ALL the suspension issues that you will have shortly with those buggy springs and factory shackles . . .

I would never purchase a rear kitchen model for that very reason . . .

JUST MY opinion . .
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 06:05 PM   #14

I have a 2021 4001LK. Rear Kitchen how do you turn off the frig? Also, my on command system I can only take the AC up to 90 degrees. I am in Texas and when I store my rv will the AC attempt to come on when it gets hotter that 90? Or since it only detects a 20 amp trickle for the battery it just will NOT come on.
TBarber is offline   Reply With Quote