Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 05:50 PM   #61

All I can say is I am disappointed, Disappointed with what I am reading. Disappointed in how hard it is to get easy warranty parts. Disappointed with the lip service from RW dealer and manufacture.

Thought I bought something different but in the end its just another RV. Should have keep my expectations lower I guess.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:00 PM   #62

We bought our Rw 7 hours from our home, during our PDI or the paperwork process, or the hooking up process did this dealer say "by the way 200 miles down the road pull over jack this thing up and adjust your brekes".

Jim & Susie, 2014 36FL, 2012 F-250 6.2 trailer saver TS3
Old 07-17-2015, 08:18 PM   #63

What is concerning to me is this goes further than brakes and bearings! It seems to be a warranty claim policy in General with Redwood. It's very difficult to get anything from Redwood other than a bolt or a light bulb. Anything major gets pushed away and referred to dealers who say they need authorization from RW to fix, authorization they can't get. I have experienced the fine print interpretation excuse twice now, nether one had anything to do with the axels or components. Once I waited 4 weeks being told "we are working on it" to finally get a copy of a piece of paper (I did not get with my trailer) with a line highlited and the excuse we can't cover your issue because of this ..... This is not an issue .... IT IS A REDWOOD POLICY I beleive they have brought in a bean counter and that bean counter is running the show ..... REDWOOD needs to take note, there are lots of RV brands that were ran the same way ... They are GONE NOW .... Weekend Warrior is a prime example! Fire the bean counter and hire a customer service expert and a quality control expert in his place and profits will soar!
Old 07-17-2015, 09:09 PM   #64

I always defended Redwood when I heard rumors of why a specific Dealer no longer carries Redwood, which includes one of my local favorites here in CO.

It's possible I jumped to conclusions and that the Dealer's reasoning was not just an excuse, but rather a symptom of what is going on. Perhaps they just got tired of being the go between for angry owners and the factory.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:14 PM   #65

I'll Chime in here.

I won't bore you with the laundry list of problems we have had with our rig since picking it up in Oct of 2013, or of the heated phone calls with the service manager and General manager at the dealership. But, I will say this, each and every problem got fixed, somehow, some way. Even had the brakes done under warranty last summer. That being said, I had reached wits end with this thing and the wife said she was even afraid to take it anywhere. I finally gave up and called Jim Lazzarino and related our issues, not only with RW but with the dealer. I told him I was ready to shove the damn thing off a cliff. He said give me an hour. One hour later, he called and said they were sending a transporter to pick it up at my home and take it back to the factory. They did a good job on my punch list, returned it to the dealer where I picked it up under the watchful eye of the warranty guy.

Our trip this spring was uneventful, and it was a wonderful experience. Yea, the rear blind fell off and the level up pad took a dump, but when I got home, the dealer got the parts and sent them to me.

None the less, don't ever tell me that warranty issues are determined on a case by case basis.

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:54 PM   #66
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradolivin View Post
I'll Chime in here.

I won't bore you with the laundry list of problems we have had with our rig since picking it up in Oct of 2013, or of the heated phone calls with the service manager and General manager at the dealership. But, I will say this, each and every problem got fixed, somehow, some way. Even had the brakes done under warranty last summer. That being said, I had reached wits end with this thing and the wife said she was even afraid to take it anywhere. I finally gave up and called Jim Lazzarino and related our issues, not only with RW but with the dealer. I told him I was ready to shove the damn thing off a cliff. He said give me an hour. One hour later, he called and said they were sending a transporter to pick it up at my home and take it back to the factory. They did a good job on my punch list, returned it to the dealer where I picked it up under the watchful eye of the warranty guy.

Our trip this spring was uneventful, and it was a wonderful experience. Yea, the rear blind fell off and the level up pad took a dump, but when I got home, the dealer got the parts and sent them to me.

None the less, don't ever tell me that warranty issues are determined on a case by case basis.

That was well said...I'm glad you have had some good service and the company took care of your issues.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:11 AM   #67
Site Team

Coloradolivin,

Thanks for posting this successful experience. It is good to hear of a good result and that RW stepped up and did you right. I hope it continues.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:35 AM   #68
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradolivin View Post
I'll Chime in here.

Well said. Glad to hear that you reached satisfactory resolution. Thanks for your post. We need to hear the good results as well as the other.

Old 07-18-2015, 03:55 AM   #69

Coloradolivin,

For you as an owner I'm glad you got your issues resolved - that is a good end, but sorry you had to go all the way to the top to make it happen. I feel bad for those that don't have your persistence, as they may not have gotten the same result.

Was that Kevin you were working with on Warranty? He seems like a good egg, at least he was always fair to us and got things done. He may be gone by now, I haven't had to go back this year.

I had two issues I had to get fixed this spring, but they fixed themselves over the winter. I guess it just needed to hibernate
Old 07-18-2015, 05:24 PM   #70

Send a message via AIM to NW Snowbirds
"I finally gave up and called Jim Lazzarino and related our issues, not only with RW but with the dealer. I told him I was ready to shove the damn thing off a cliff. He said give me an hour."

It's good that you finally got your warranty problems resolved. But the system is broken if it takes a call to the general manager to get resolution. Your story just validates the gist of the problem expressed in this thread.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:39 PM   #71

Ditto what NW Snowbirds said.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Our big girl is dragged around by our 2019 RAM 3500 Limited DRW
Grateful Veterans, Proud Americans, Devoted Partners, Parents and Grandparents!
LOVE the Full Time RV Life @OurRomanyLife
Old 07-18-2015, 06:09 PM   #72

Warranties

I'm really sorry to hear of all the complaints that owners are having with there warranties with the breaks etc. I usually check out pretty throughly on the Internet on any thing I purchase. But I guess this time my wife and I were so excited about ordering our new Redwood 38RL. We missed this thread. We're suppose to pick it up in September. Since we're new to the Redwood family. Is there anything that anybody would suggest that we should bring up at the dealership before we take possession. Thanks Jim & Laura
Old 07-18-2015, 06:25 PM   #73

Hi there Jimni5er; Try not to be too discouraged. This brake and warranty issue is definitely a problem, but RW is working on it, and I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt because we have found them to be fair and Jim Lazzarino is fantastic. He's working very hard and is very customer-oriented and knows what SERVICE means. If I had to try and guess, the main issue is happening in the communication between the dealerships/service centers and RW. There is a lot of "ball dropping" that goes on there, and it certainly needs to be fixed. FOR EXAMPLE: one issue we had happen caused our service center to immediately respond: "oh they won't cover that" and I called RW and they said it WAS covered and they called the service center and told them this. Sometimes, it's stuff like that. That's not RW's fault. That's the RV industries fault, because some of them are REALLY horrible.

I think you should take away that ALL RV's have some of these same issues, and I think RW is as good or better than most. I hope I am right. SO FAR, we have been very pleased with our warranty coverage, though yes, we DID have to call the corporate office to finally get something resolved. That should NOT have to happen ALL THE TIME like it is with the brakes... Service centers should have a directive about them and to handle them appropriately. Escalation on KNOWN issues should not be a battle that gets fought over and over again, and all owner's should expect the same allowance, not those who get the angriest. We can handle some of the "issues" as long as they are handled as we were promised AT THE SALE, and they are not dangerous or life threatening. So far, so good. Just be vigilant. That's true with any RV you buy. We love our RW, but we are having the brakes inspected because I don't want to be left holding a big $$$ bag in a few months or a couple years for something that was defective from the start.

Living the Dream in our 2015 38RL: 1600 watts solar, 800 ah lithium, slide in slide, residential refer, washer/dryer, Moryde 8K, H rated tires, Kodiak disc brakes, Drainmaster system, SeeLevel II
Old 07-18-2015, 07:17 PM   #74

Sorry, but I would have to completely disagree!

Redwood is letting Lippert push them around and we suffer the consequence. If Jim is the guy to fix it, then he better fix it, because right now they are proving to be one of the worst RVs for warranty I have ever had. I'm not a disgruntled owner because I have had only minor issues, rather I just can't stand seeing other owners get unfairly turned away for warranty.

My prior unit was a Keystone, and with a simple first call about a frame issue and some pics they picked mine up on a flatbed and took it back to the factory for repair. Lippert denied warranty on all of it, but the Montana rep said I bought a Montana and my warranty is with Montana not Lippert. He said he would deal with Lippert as necessary to recover his money.

I would have at least expected similar treatment or better from Redwood, but I'm not seeing anything close.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:13 PM   #75

I agree, when I buy a new Truck, a lot of the components on the Truck are purchased from vendors or suppliers, but if one of those purchased components fails, I do not have to call the vendor / supplier to get it corrected, I take it to the one of the Truck Manufactures Dealers any where in the country and they take care of it, no questions asked.
They do not care where I bought the Truck, they do not tell me it will be 3 to 4 weeks before they can even look at it, they do not give me the Vendor / Suppliers phone number and tell me to call them myself.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

Old 07-18-2015, 08:14 PM   #76

That makes sense Brad. I am not very knowledgeable about the finer points on the Lippert/RW issues, and I definitely should get better acquainted. The warranty is with REDWOOD not with LIPPERT and that is their burden, not ours.

There was no manual in our RW either when we bought it and we were certainly never warned that if we don't stand on one leg and rub our tummy while balancing a glass of water on our head then we would void our warranty on key components. That is unreasonable, and any court of law would agree. That's what class actions are for.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:34 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Coloradolivin,

For you as an owner I'm glad you got your issues resolved - that is a good end, but sorry you had to go all the way to the top to make it happen. I feel bad for those that don't have your persistence, as they may not have gotten the same result.

Was that Kevin you were working with on Warranty? He seems like a good egg, at least he was always fair to us and got things done. He may be gone by now, I haven't had to go back this year.

I had two issues I had to get fixed this spring, but they fixed themselves over the winter. I guess it just needed to hibernate
Yes, Kevin is the guy. You let me know about him and he has been good. Just take some pics of the problem and away we go

2014 38GK, disc brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, 2-Yamaha 2000 gennys, G14's, dual awnings, Progressive EMS.
2014 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW with Luverne Bull Bar and skid plate.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:21 AM   #78
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimni5er View Post
I'm really sorry to hear of all the complaints that owners are having with there warranties with the breaks etc. I usually check out pretty throughly on the Internet on any thing I purchase. But I guess this time my wife and I were so excited about ordering our new Redwood 38RL. We missed this thread. We're suppose to pick it up in September. Since we're new to the Redwood family. Is there anything that anybody would suggest that we should bring up at the dealership before we take possession. Thanks Jim & Laura

I would like to suggest looking at the batteries. The trailers are shipped with one cheep no name battery. I wouldn't sign the papers until you recieve 2 (or 3) good Interstate brand batteries.

As far as the warranty work goes.......
Redwood used to be known as a company that worked with the owners and for some reason that changed. I truly hope they do as they're promising and correct the track that they're on. Don't believe all RV companies are alike because I used to believe that myself. I'm sure you remember hearing the song "I've seen the light". Well I have .....and there are some big differences in the way that rv companies treat their customers.

I wish you many happy and healthy miles of traveling in your new Redwood.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:22 AM   #79
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
Sorry, but I would have to completely disagree!

Redwood is letting Lippert push them around and we suffer the consequence. If Jim is the guy to fix it, then he better fix it, because right now they are proving to be one of the worst RVs for warranty I have ever had. I'm not a disgruntled owner because I have had only minor issues, rather I just can't stand seeing other owners get unfairly turned away for warranty.

My prior unit was a Keystone, and with a simple first call about a frame issue and some pics they picked mine up on a flatbed and took it back to the factory for repair. Lippert denied warranty on all of it, but the Montana rep said I bought a Montana and my warranty is with Montana not Lippert. He said he would deal with Lippert as necessary to recover his money.

I would have at least expected similar treatment or better from Redwood, but I'm not seeing anything close.

Well said Brad!
Old 07-19-2015, 02:55 AM   #80
Site Team

I just got to say something here that some my not like......

I toured my first Redwood and ran into a guy that turned out to be a sales director of some sort from Redwood. After telling this guy he was full of s^*t and this was just another rv company....we actually laughed together. He spent the next hour fielding my questions and I soon wrote a check and ordered my Redwood.

Andy assured me that this company was going to cover these units for 2 years "pin to bumper" with their warranty. I tested that a few times and I called them when I broke something that was clearly my fault and they wouldn't accept money. When I met Tom (the former boss who now runs Landmark) I asked for brochures and I can't begin to tell how many people I helped talk into Redwoods. 99% of the sales was because of the attitude toward warranty and service because that's the key to a good manufacture. Customer service and getting parts is the #1 worry every rv owner has. I realize though this was very costly for Redwood however if they built better they wouldn't have all the warranty claims.

It worries me a great deal when I get emails, text messages or phone calls from folks that get denied warranty claims on 3 or 6 month old coaches. When I hear "claims are being considered on a case by case instances" I just shake my head and pour another drink. Are they beautiful ......you bet they are! Redwoods are something to proud of when you pull into a campground. But.....I truely hope the management team starts managing better and remembers that they aren't in the manufacturing business.......they're actually in the business of fulfilling people's dreams. These people spent more than most to live a dream of having a home on wheels, capable of traveling coast to coast and capable of surviving past a warranty that Redwood struggles to fulfill .