Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #1

So earlier tonight I was watching tv and decide to go into my bedroom. Going up the stairs I notice there is foam and water by the washer/dryer closet. So I quickly soak up as much as I could and put a fan down to help evaporate the remaining moister.

My question is... The hell.... Really? What is going on here?!

This is probably the 3rd time I've used this washer in the redwood (transferred it from the Big Sky) and I'm already having an issue with water in the camper?

I own a 2014 38GK, I did not spend that much money to have to deal with this kinda thing.
The shower also leaked along the rail but that was an easy fix. This one however has me livid.

Anyone have an idea as to what te issue is with the washer? All the valves are open aside from the black water tank btw.
Dark Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #2

Don't know about the GK but the RL has a nasty habit of the washer drain hose coming loose and dumping water in the direction you say. When you see water coming out of your pin box you know what happened. The drain line in the RL is located under the bed. See other posts on this topic.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:51 AM   #3
Site Team

I assume you have a washer and the hose either came out of the drain or as was stated above, some of the drain hoses have come off under the bed. If it's the one under the bed, you have to take the mattress off to get to it as well as lifting the bed frame. As you slide your slide in and out this connection flexes. Once it's fixed correctly you won't have anymore problems.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:27 AM   #4

If you have a FB model you can eliminate the hose in the slide under the bed.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #5

Dave, I put cable ties on both ends of the drain lines and one on each to tie it all together. Is that how you did yours?
Old 08-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #6

I had the same thing happen to me and I have the 36RL with the Splendid washer and dryer that was installed from the factory. I unplugged the washer the minute I found the soap suds and water catch pan under the washer full of water. I too used a fan to dry any moister. Took the coach back to the dealer 300 miles away as I was afraid to use it again. They ran three full loads through the washer and could not duplicate the problem. The shop double checked the drain hose in the wall, and under the bed. Both were tight as could be. They were not leaking or the source. Shop was a bit confused as to what caused the water/soap issue. Two weeks later the same thing happened again. This time I figured out what caused it....a towel had gotten caught in the bottom of the door seal when I closed it. Soap and water filled the catch basin beneath the washer just as it did before. Dried everything up again and then ran another load the following morning - no issues over the past six weeks....

Old 08-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #7

Honestly... I would love to feel like a putz next time I run the washer with nothing happening. Maybe something like this happened to me. I'm gone for the next week but the dealer is sending a guy out to check it and seal the door rail of the shower better anyways.
Dark Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathog99
Dave, I put cable ties on both ends of the drain lines and one on each to tie it all together. Is that how you did yours?
Yes! that's how i fixed mine
Old 08-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #9

The hose for the GK does not go under the bed due to the location of our washer & dryer. We were told it goes straight down. True or not, I'm not sure. But it makes sense. We wash nearly everyday and have never had a problem.