Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2016, 02:08 PM   #1

1 year old tri glide looking for a good home

Well , I had a taker for my 1 year old tri Glide , but that fell through... Turns out. They had a different frame , and the pin box would not fit..

SO . . . I have it ready to go , just will need to help cover shipping . . . It is packaged up in the box and skid that the new Flex Air arrived in . .

Do I have anyone interested ?
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:56 PM   #2
Site Team

So there has been a big rush to replace the Triglide pin boxes. Any guesstimate on the failure rate of these boxes???
Old 08-08-2016, 03:07 AM   #3

I do not think it has been a real high failure rate, mine failed and almost came apart and I heard of another one that failed similar to mine.
Redwood replaced my whole Tri Glide Pin Box under warranty and it worked well but while I was at MorRyde getting my suspension upgrades, I decided to go ahead and change to the MorRyde pin box too.
There are some owners with older Tri Glides that are showing a lot of wear and bumping / banging pretty hard when you start or stop.
17.5 Goodyear G114's, RV Armor Roof
2018 RAM 3500 DRW, Curt Q24 Hitch

rob_fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 03:28 AM   #4
Site Team

Thanks for your quick reply. Really don't want to change it out if I don't have to but also don't want it to fail. I had Moryde on my Montana and liked it. However, I like the cushioning of the air bag on the Triglide.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenhardt View Post
Thanks for your quick reply. Really don't want to change it out if I don't have to but also don't want it to fail. I had Moryde on my Montana and liked it. However, I like the cushioning of the air bag on the Triglide.
I really like the ride that the Tri Glide gives , I just was concerned after sitting one night and really looking at how it works.... It seemed to me that there was A LOT of force pushed onto those pivot points , then I heard of a few failures...
I did not want to be stuck , and had the ability to make the swap now , so I did..
Ford truck guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #6

There have been posts on other forums of Tri-Glide failures and I just didn't want to risk it. We also changed to a Comfort Ride Hitch to replace the air bag.
I'll be able to report tomorrow how it rides.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:29 AM   #7
Site Team

I liked the tri-glide when I put it on but a year later I was loosing faith in it. I thought I had damaged it with the extra torque I was putting to the rear wheels but soon afterwards others were having troubles as well. Moyride seems to have the best product right now.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:43 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Shane Wood Send a message via MSN to Shane Wood Send a message via Yahoo to Shane Wood
We just finished the tour of the Redwood plant and all the new 2017 models have the triglide as well as other manufacturers. Apparently Lippert is using all their stock up. That tells me they are not worried about them or lawsuits resulting from a failure. There are literally thousands