Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #21

Allstate is your normal insurance company? We have Progressive - includes Roadside Assistance BUT if I understood the insurance rep. correctly - if you use the insurance even for a towing, it is considered a claim - and will/can affect your premium and can make them drop you over time.

Not sure if that is correct - but that is what I was told.

here in the US I also have learned that if you start a claim with an insurance company, you can never reverse meaning tak it back. What happens then is that the claim is set down to zero but still counts as a claim even if you asked for zero in the end. So one has to be careful before reporting. Never had a claim on anything here so not sure how well it works.
BasilFawlty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:21 PM   #22

I have been with Good Sam for over 20 years and they have always been great. Never had any problems with them when I had a problem. Fortunately, only a few problems in those years...knock on wood!
usaf1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #23

I have read a lot of great info about Good Sam. However, when asking them for their rules and limitations online, they never came back but they sold my email address and I was flooded with bot RV-related and not spam. Didn“t like that. I just asked for the fine print before buying.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #24

Guess I've been lucky as I have gotten just a few ads, knock on wood. I always renew for multiple years and it keeps the costs way down and gives peace of mind.
usaf1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasilFawlty View Post
Allstate is your normal insurance company? We have Progressive - includes Roadside Assistance BUT if I understood the insurance rep. correctly - if you use the insurance even for a towing, it is considered a claim - and will/can affect your premium and can make them drop you over time.
No no, Allstate RV Roadhelp is a separate entity from insurance. I think we first learned about it through KOA. I picked it because it covered watercraft on a trailer, and I think at the time it was a little cheaper. The RV coverage is on the right column:

https://www.allstatemotorclub.com/am...95492153699348
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #26

Ah ok, great to know!
Old 04-23-2014, 10:30 PM   #27

Just purchased a new insurance policy to insure the new 38RL from Blue Sky. They were trying to sell me Blue Sky RV Motor Club for $52 per year. Anybody have them? They say the coverage mirrors Good Sam and covers all vehicles in the household.

Seems like a great deal, to good to be true?
My good sam road side is coming due so trying to decide. I know I get 1 yr coachnet with the RW but have heard horror stories so not sure I want that as my only coverage? Seems the one thing you don't get that you can with good Sam and CN is technical assistance from a phone tech. Thoughts?

Thanks, this forum is great, been reading lots of info and finding answers to a lot of questions before I even ask!
Blue Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #28

We just got back from Florida and had an issue with the TV on the way home. Would not start. Callled Coach Net and in 1 hr there were 2 wreckers there to tow the rig and truck to the closest campground and after the driver backed the rig in to the site, we unhooked and they towed the truck to the dealer to have it fixed. No Charge. We had just purchased CN just before we went on holidays and it came in handy. I had Good Sams but the problem is that if you want the same coverage as CN you pay more. Coach Net will get your rig home if you have a medical emergency and they will even get you home as well. No more stress for my wife.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #29

Glad we have Coach Net...even happier we haven't needed them!!