Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2014, 04:50 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindrift View Post
Am I incorrect in saying that the only guarantee of extra batteries is in the residential package? Nowhere in my contract did it say that RW was obligated to provide two batteries. As a matter of customer service, yes, I agree it should be there but if someone is going to put an ST tire on a rig like this they'll certainly install only one battery for the transporter.
I agree, I didn't see anywhere where it stated I would get 2 batteries. I'm thinking most of the people on this forum probably pushed the issue with the dealer. I would've done that if I had known that others were successful.
Rick and Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #22

Never said a word to the dealer on the issue, but was informed at PDI that 2 group 27 Interstates were installed.
Traded '13 GMC Denali DRW D/A
Currently rv & truckless
Replacement undetermined
travelin' texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #23

That's a good Dealer!
atom ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:59 AM   #24

My 2015 came with 2 batteries, although I haven't looked in the boxes yet, to see what is in there. I never go anywhere that doesn't have electric hookups, so I'm not to worried about having super expensive batteries, right now. When I get the new lock installed, when it gets here, I'll let you know.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:09 AM   #25

A GOOD dealer will take care of you and use TWO good batteries, a so-so good dealer will give you 2 so-so batteries, a not-so good dealer will give you one battery.

Then there is the residential package which requires a separate battery -or- two!
Old 10-29-2014, 01:53 AM   #26

The Tech that did our PDI, pointed to the two battery boxes, telling me we had two batteriess. I didn't have the heart to tell him there was only one battery there. I didn't worry about it, because I just pulled my two almost new Group 29s out of our trade Montana and installed them in the RW, and put that over-sized 12 volt D cell they called a battery into the Montana. More that one way to Skin a Cat or in this case an RV Dealer.
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:21 AM   #27

Our dealer told us we got 2 batteries and showed them to me during the PDI in 2012.

Just wished they would stay charged for more than a day off 110!

Got a solar panel charging them and they still go flat... going to rip out and rewire the disconnect this Spring.

Batteries are coming home for the Winter... will boost the genny with the truck when I do my monthly check for mouses and leaks...
Old 11-06-2014, 10:40 PM   #28

After spending 2 hours with a tech from, Magnum we figured it was the batteries I had what looked like Interstate OEM B batteries and my dealer said that's what they were. The Magnum tech put me on hold and called Interstate and they told him they were probably SRM27 's and they have low Amp hours. The tech suggestion was to take the battery out and check them which I did and one was completely dry and the other had a dry cell. He told me I should get better battery with a higher amp hour rating. I filled them up with distilled H20 and there charging as we speak I'll see what happens tomorrow. Anyway check your water level I know there a pain to get out but it's what they need. This Forum has help me a lot. Were getting ready to go Full Time and it helps to work out all the bugs.

Woody & Jana
2015 36RL Residential Fridge, W/D Full Paint
2015 Ford F-350SD Lariat, 6.7L Turbo Diesel, DWD, 4X4
MZWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:47 PM   #29

MZWoody,
Good advice, I try to check mine at least 3 times a year. I'm always surprised at how much water they take. I have been told that if the cell becomes exposed, the battery is pretty much toast. Let us know if they come back for you.

Ken
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote