Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2014, 09:32 PM   #1

Level-Up System Issue

Levelling System Issue

This morning while hooking up I experienced an issue with the Level-Up system. The rear jacks all retracted OK with manual operation, then went to raise the front of the coach. Pumps sounds were normal, but the coach wasn't going up. Finally found the driver's side middle leg was going down, followed by driver's side rear leg going down.

Tried all valves with an Allen Key to ensure they were closed, noting that when I opened the one for the front legs the front of the coach dropped. This didn't happen the time I had to operate the front legs with the drill.

Turned the power to the controller off/on a few times to try a reset, but no change. Eventually figured that by going to manual and raising the front, I had to wait for the 2 rear driver side legs to ground, then the front came up. Had to raise it an inch, then raise the rear legs, then repeat the process.

On arrival, it wouldn't auto level, had to try various operations in manual to get it level.

The slides operated normally.

Any ideas??

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:58 PM   #2
Site Team

I'm scratching my head on this one.....I wish I had some ideas to pass to you...sorry
Old 09-23-2014, 11:32 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriana View Post
Levelling System Issue

This morning while hooking up I experienced an issue with the Level-Up system. The rear jacks all retracted OK with manual operation, then went to raise the front of the coach. Pumps sounds were normal, but the coach wasn't going up. Finally found the driver's side middle leg was going down, followed by driver's side rear leg going down.

Tried all valves with an Allen Key to ensure they were closed, noting that when I opened the one for the front legs the front of the coach dropped. This didn't happen the time I had to operate the front legs with the drill.

Turned the power to the controller off/on a few times to try a reset, but no change. Eventually figured that by going to manual and raising the front, I had to wait for the 2 rear driver side legs to ground, then the front came up. Had to raise it an inch, then raise the rear legs, then repeat the process.

On arrival, it wouldn't auto level, had to try various operations in manual to get it level.

The slides operated normally.

Any ideas??

Andy,

Since the slides operate normally, I think your issue is limited to the Level-Up controller and/or cabling. This is just a guess, but, I would suggest carefully disconnecting the multi-wire connector on the back side of the main controller. Observe all of the connector pins to make sure they are fully seated in the connector housing. Also, make sure there are no broken wires to the pins. Then try operating the controller again to see if anything has changed about its operation.

I you don't see any better operation, the next part of the investigation is a little more difficult. You need to make the same observations about the connector on the leveling sensor that is on the other end of the cable. The sensor is somewhat difficult for us bigger fellows to get to because it is mounted on the ceiling up inside above the generator compartment. You have to squeeze in through the battery compartment to get to it. You will see it mounted on ceiling. There is a similar connector on the sensor box and these types of connectors on electronic assemblies tend to be a weak link.

Good luck on your investigation. I hope this helps.

Guy

hoosierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #4

^^^ what he said and what I typed on the other forum
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #5

what he said and what I typed on the other forum??? is the other forum gone?? off line??? my bookmark for it just leads me back to this forum again...
mesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesg View Post
what he said and what I typed on the other forum??? is the other forum gone?? off line??? my bookmark for it just leads me back to this forum again...
I just got off the other forum...... things seem to be fine with it.

Doug.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #7

Agree with Doug, it's fine --> http://www.redwoodrvowners .com/redwood/yabb2/YaBB.pl
johnboytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #8

Affirmative, no issues with the other forum. Working normally, with usual number of posts and new applicants.

Andy & Judi, Canine Companions Duke & Kona
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW Airlift 5000 |2013 RW 36FL Winegard Trav'ler
Travel Blog: www.andyandjudi.com
Oriana is offline   Reply With Quote